turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

slope72

TurboTax Online won't let me enter SSA-1099

I am not able to get into the section to enter SSA-1099 Social Security Income. When I click "Edit" to get into Social Security Income and then click "Yes", I just get taken back to the Income start page. I have tried switching browsers, switching computers, clearing cache and cookies, but nothing works. When I try to delete the form it doesn't appear in the list of forms at all. HELP!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies

Does this happen if you follow this procedure -

To enter Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button

Or enter ssa-1099 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ssa-1099

slope72

yes, tried that. there is no way into the form.

@slope72 wrote:

yes, tried that. there is no way into the form.

Contact TurboTax support for this particular problem.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

Or -

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Humm

I am having the same problem with Turbotax Online 2021.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

See if the SSA-1099 appears in your list of forms.  If it does, delete it and reenter the information.

If you want to delete an individual form, please follow these instructions:

TurboTax Online

1. While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).  
  2. In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
  3. Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions. 
  4. Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

TurboTax CD/Download

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
  3. Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  

If you are still experiencing difficulty, you can call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.​​​​​​​

I am having the same problem with the 2021 download.  I was able to information for my 1099-G but unable to enter information for SSA-1099.  Please help!

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click the link below for help entering your information for SSA-1099.  If you are still having difficulty after following these steps, please reply to this thread for further assistance.

Where do I enter an SSA-1099, SSA-1099-SM, or SSA-1099-R-OP1?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The answer was NOT helpful.  When I click on "update" SSA-1099 on my download version of 2021 Turbo Tax the page goes blank -- no way to enter / edit any data.  On the other hand, in contrast if I click on "update" on for the 1099-G the page allows me to edit / enter the data for that category.  Please help.

@MikeGitt Please try using a different internet browser.

SweetieJean,

Thanks for your reply but let me restate I am using a 2021 download version of Premier TurboTax.  I don't think the browser comes into play although I use Google Chrome.  The issue appears to be a software issue since all the other "income" updates work properly just not SSA-1099.

taxInfo3

Using 2021 turbo tax and I cannot get to the page to enter SS earnings. It bounces me back to menu page. Anyone know how to get to the page to enter SS wages. 

@taxInfo3 wrote:

Using 2021 turbo tax and I cannot get to the page to enter SS earnings. It bounces me back to menu page. Anyone know how to get to the page to enter SS wages. 

To enter Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button

Or enter ssa-1099 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ssa-1099

@DoninGA  I've seen several questions for not being able to enter ss in the Desktop program.   My Home & Business worked ok.  Has anyone asked the mod about it?  Might need to escalate it.

I have entered in my Premier desktop edition without issue.  Also entered in my test Self-Employed online edition without issue.  So this has to be a local problem with the user.

Best to point the user to Support if they cannot get it to work on their local PC.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies