turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The system is not providing a place to enter my SEP IRA contributions. Where do I enter my SEP contributions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The system is not providing a place to enter my SEP IRA contributions. Where do I enter my SEP contributions?

10 Replies

See this. Be sure you enter your self-employment income first.

Where do I enter my SEP IRA contributions? (intuit.com)

I entered income from my two 1099-NEC's but it still won't give me the SEP page.

deleted.

Yes. I get to step 6 but it doesn't lead to step 7. It concludes the screen and sends me back to my return.

Also, the jump to link doesn't appear as it says it would.

Go to Search and try entering self-employed retirement to get the Jump To link

Or go to
Federal
Income and Expenses and then scrolling down to the Other Business Situations section.
Click Start or Update beside Self-Employed Retirement Plans.

Here is a screen shot showing both ways.

Jump SEP IRA.jpg

I have not seen a Jump To even though I have searched over and over.  

@Crazy from using this software wrote:

I have not seen a Jump To even though I have searched over and over.  

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen.

Click on Tools.

Click on Topic Search.

Type in self-employed retirement. With the key words highlighted, click on GO.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

This usually appears in the results when you do a search using the magnifying glass. What are you trying to do? We can help you figure out how to get to the spot you are trying to get to.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies