josephephi

The Retirement Income Area Will Be Ready Soon

When will I be able to enter my 1099R? I do not want to enter in Forms mode.

I have been doing it the same way for many years, and now I cannot.

How can they be this late with entering Retirement Income?

DMarkM1

The "Retirement" area should be ready now to enter forms 1099R for retirement distributions.  Be sure to click the "Online" tab at the top of the page and "Check for updates" in your desktop product.  

twpiantek

Still getting this message. Tried installing updates, un-installed and re-installed TurboTax and tried installing on a different computer

SamS1

This is ready.  Try deleting the 1099R then re-entering or downloading the 1099R again.  The 8915-E will be used for penalty relief from early retirement plan distributions and include the option to spread the distribution income over 3 years.  This may be a good option if the distribution is pushing you into a higher marginal tax bracket.  You may end up paying less tax if you spread the distribution over the 3 years.

neilplant

Hi,

I am having this same issue. I just installed the latest updates, but it's still says, "The Retirement Income Are Will Be Ready Soon".

Please help!

Thanks

Jimmies66

I cannot enter my 1099-R.  The site says the retirement income area will be ready soon.  The IRS is still working on distributions from Pensions.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled turbo tax.  I have manually downloaded a patch.  I have checked the online updates. NOTHING WORKS to eliminate this problem.  What do I need to do other than go to another competitor to file my taxes!!!!!

Jimmies66

did you ever get an answer??? 

i am having the same issue and cannot find an answer or a solution

neilplant

Nope. My computer appears to download the latest update, but it is not able to install it. I've also tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling TurboTax. I also tried on a different computer and had the same problem. 

I was on the phone with someone from customer support this morning who tried to walk me through it, but we got disconnected and she didn't call me back. I'm trying to call again and have been on hold for more than one hour.

Pretty frustrating, to say the least. This might be the last year I use TurboTax.

RFWalker3

3/20/2021

The Retirement Income Area Will Be Ready Soon - problem still occurs.

TurboTax 2020 Premier version - Installing from a CD.

I do not understand why I continue to get this error when trying to enter 1099-R information.

I have deleted old entries and tried to reload them. - Same Results

I have deleted the entire program, reloaded it, ejected the CD and tried manual as well as automatic updates all with the same result.

I attempted to download the product from the TurboTax web site but could not find a version other than the on-line version.

I put all the information into the Turbotax Deluxe On-Line version and this allows me to enter the 1099-R information but wants to charge me to upgrade to Premier for other needs that are not addressed within the Deluxe product.

I have went to the Support site to manually download the latest update, all with the same results.

I am at the end of my rope, please respond withhelp.

twpiantek

The process I used to fix the problem was as follows:

Start with a clean install of TurboTax.

Restart your computer.

Download and install manual updates using Microsoft Edge.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

When the updates are complete your computer should restart, if not, restart your computer.

Open TurboTax and let it run updates. The update time should be short since you manually installed most of the updates.

Open your tax return, click Online tab then View Installed Updates. You should updates installed on the current date. Also, click the help on the menu bar then About TurboTax then click the Version tab. Should be [phone number removed].

Now try to input 1099R's.

twpiantek

Message board removed the version number since it looked like a phone number.

Version should be 020 dot 000 dot 1621