turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chas280

Why enter lump sum ssa from 2007 on 2017 1040. I reported and paid the taxes for ssa lump sum 2007 on 2007 tax form

You ask for a passed (2007) ssa disability payment.  When I recieved the lumps sum I reported it on my 2007 1040 and paid any fed tax due.  I am not sure I still have the 10 year old tax form. Can I just say I did not receive one and move on or what.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why enter lump sum ssa from 2007 on 2017 1040. I reported and paid the taxes for ssa lump sum 2007 on 2007 tax form

The question only refers to receiving a lump sum SS payment in 2017.  If you did not receive the lump sum payment in 2017 then answer question as No.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The question only refers to receiving a lump sum SS payment in 2017.  If you did not receive the lump sum payment in 2017 then answer question as No.

DianeW
Expert Alumni

Yes.  If you did not receive a lump-sum of social security in the tax year 2017, then you should say no.  

If you have no repayment of any social security that was received in a prior year there is nothing to report in the current year for repayment.

Report only the social security received and reported in box 5, of the Form SSA-1099.  (Click the image attached to enlarge and view for assistance.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies