Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RRB-1099-R has no BOX 12, however it does have a Box 11 labeled Medicare Premium TurboTax has a box 12 labeled Medicare Premium Total and is asking for a dollar amount

do I enter the amount on RRB1099R box 11 Medicare Premium Total into TurboTax box 12 Medicare Premium Total - ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

RRB-1099-R has no BOX 12, however it does have a Box 11 labeled Medicare Premium TurboTax has a box 12 labeled Medicare Premium Total and is asking for a dollar amount

Be sure you are entering your RRB 1099-R in the right place in TurboTax.

Click this link for instructions on How to Enter Form RRB-1099-R

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@williebl8r 

Wait....Box 12 is on an RRB-1099-R

Box 11 is for an RRB-1099   (no trailing "R)

Make sure you know for sure whether your form is an RRB-1099-R or an RRB-1099....

You may be entering it in the wrong area...If you need box 11, you want be in the the SSA-1099/RRB-1099 entry area

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Re-edited my comment above....I was confused too as to which form had the box 11, or box 12..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@williebl8r 

You are posting from TurboTax Live.  You can arrange for the Live help you are paying the extra fee for with your questions …

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies