turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My reported earned income appears to be doubled. I can't talk to a person, because the system doesn't understand.

Can I resolve this, or no? I really need to speak to a person, how?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
KittyM2
Expert Alumni

My reported earned income appears to be doubled. I can't talk to a person, because the system doesn't understand.

Do you have a 1099-MISC for Self-employed income?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm not self employed.

I'm not self employed. I see earned income listed twice. I didn't make, the amount it says i did.

Is TurboTax a SCAM? Automated system, doesn't understand, and online doesn't understand.

Can someone help me, or no?

This is a message board forum, NOT live chat.    Responses to questions can take some time.

If you are a not self employed and are a W-2 then how did you enter your earned income since W-2's for 2019 have not been issued yet?    If you entered anything in the W-2 section, I suggest returning to that section and delete any W-2's and then re-enter if you are just doing a test return before receiving the actual W-2.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

When turbo tax and I did my taxes, I entered what it asked. I've looked at a PDF , and earned income is listed twice. Since I cannot speak to a person, do I just pay the fines, although I didn't earn that amount? I had a federal and state return, but what I made according to TurboTax, is wrong? Why can't a human being help me?

Is this for 2018 or prior?  The wages on 1040 line 1 is double?  The only way that could happen is if you entered your W2 twice.  Or where do you see it listed twice?

@user3172017 wrote:

Why can't a human being help me?

Everybody that posts here are human beings.

If you want to talk to somebody on the phone then you have to call customer support this way:

There is no single published number because it changes contently depending on the nature of the call and agent availability. Following the link below will either give a current number for you to call or take your number for a callback.

(Note that phone support is for paying customers only. There is no phone support for Free Customers.)

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I appreciate your response, but I've called TurboTax 3 or 4 times. Only after the automated system knows exactly what I need help with. It keeps saying it can't find my account, and tells me to come online, I can chat with someone right away. The chat box, is the same. So I checked a PDF I finally could open. My earned income is listed twice, ina W-25 form. But income is listed twice..

I'M GOING TO POST IN CAPS SO PEOPLE WILL READ THIS.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SENT IN YOUR TAXES THEN YOU HAVE TO DO AN AMEND FORM.

BUT IF YOU HAVEN'T....THEN START A NEW TAX RETURN AND DON'T USE IMPORT W2'S.

MANUALLY ENTER YOUR W2'S.

THAT WILL FIX THE PROBLEM.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies