user3172017

My reported earned income appears to be doubled. I can't talk to a person, because the system doesn't understand.

Can I resolve this, or no? I really need to speak to a person, how?
KittyM2

Do you have a 1099-MISC for Self-employed income?

user3172017

I'm not self employed.

user3172017

I'm not self employed. I see earned income listed twice. I didn't make, the amount it says i did.

user3172017

Is TurboTax a SCAM? Automated system, doesn't understand, and online doesn't understand.

user3172017

Can someone help me, or no?

macuser_22

This is a message board forum, NOT live chat.    Responses to questions can take some time.

If you are a not self employed and are a W-2 then how did you enter your earned income since W-2's for 2019 have not been issued yet?    If you entered anything in the W-2 section, I suggest returning to that section and delete any W-2's and then re-enter if you are just doing a test return before receiving the actual W-2.

user3172017

When turbo tax and I did my taxes, I entered what it asked. I've looked at a PDF , and earned income is listed twice. Since I cannot speak to a person, do I just pay the fines, although I didn't earn that amount? I had a federal and state return, but what I made according to TurboTax, is wrong? Why can't a human being help me?

Is this for 2018 or prior?  The wages on 1040 line 1 is double?  The only way that could happen is if you entered your W2 twice.  Or where do you see it listed twice?

macuser_22

@user3172017 wrote:

Why can't a human being help me?

Everybody that posts here are human beings.

If you want to talk to somebody on the phone then you have to call customer support this way:

There is no single published number because it changes contently depending on the nature of the call and agent availability. Following the link below will either give a current number for you to call or take your number for a callback.

(Note that phone support is for paying customers only. There is no phone support for Free Customers.)

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

user3172017

I appreciate your response, but I've called TurboTax 3 or 4 times. Only after the automated system knows exactly what I need help with. It keeps saying it can't find my account, and tells me to come online, I can chat with someone right away. The chat box, is the same. So I checked a PDF I finally could open. My earned income is listed twice, ina W-25 form. But income is listed twice..