Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8915-E

To be sure, I am uploading the 1099-R form manually. It asks me questions pertaining to Covid-distribution at a later step in the process. I am not aware of a way to directly fill out Form 8915-E. 

Form 8915-E

I deleted my 1099R  and enter it again , and 8915E was available for me 

Form 8915-E

I think it's across the board for all tax software..as I've tried it with taxslayer..hrblock all the same message...(update) the online version worked for me.

Form 8915-E

Did anyone get this to work on a desktop version (not online)? Still no luck on TurboTax Premier for Mac

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-E

It is being prepared for release and it should be today. Continue to check your return. 

Form 8915-E: Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments, which is used for COVID-related early distributions, will be ready for e-file. It was recently moved out of the draft form by the IRS.

Steps to review in your tax return for this entry:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the Search box on the top and type “1099-R
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” you should see the “Your 1099-R Entries” screen and will click "edit"
  4. Continue until "Tell us if any of these uncommon situations apply" screen
  5. Select "I took out this money because of a qualified disaster (includes COVID-19)"
  6. Answer the any question.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 8915-E

I did that and its still saying i owe the taxes.  am i missing something?

Form 8915-E

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-getting-getting-a-10-penalty-on-my-1099-r...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Form 8915-E

8915E  is now available and it let me divide my  Covid 19 distribution into 3 years for the federal portion .

However, the State tax  (NJ) is showing the entire  distribution is taxable in 2020. Does state have different rules for  Covid 19 distribution? 

Form 8915-E

I was finally able to submit the 8915-E form, but now it is saying my Michigan return will either need to be mailed or wait until the updates are available. I really would prefer to E-file. Can anyone tell me how much longer I will need to wait before this form is ready in my state (Michigan)? 

Form 8915-E

I have the same issue, it looks TT is still doing final tuning to the Michigan State tax return. I connected with an agent and she was not able to determine the issue. She suggested waiting until we receive a notification that the 8915-E is live and released in TT for submitting. I've worked at least a couple of hours trying to find a workaround but I'm not able to find any... so I will wait. 😄   I think E-file is just more convenient. 

Form 8915-E

Thanks so much for the info! I did sign up for the email notification too and never got one...so maybe its not been fully released? I completely agree though E-file is way more convenient...so as much as I hate to keep waiting, I think it will still be quicker than mailing. 

Form 8915-E

Same here, no email whatsoever. But the agent didn't get it either if that makes you feel better. 😄 Jokes apart, yeah, it looks it has not yet been finalized. Apparently, the email and the final version should be ready by EOD today for us, late afternoon for Arizona (where I was told TT makes the changes). I guess I was so eager to file (even though I own money this year) that I didn't care about that email. I just hope TT doesn't let us down and get it ready before the $30 discount ends in a couple of days from now. :S 

Form 8915-E

I hear ya! I've been logging in daily to check for the update. Today I was thrilled I could finally move on with my life...only to be derailed by the MI return LOL!! You can actually pay for everything now so you don't lose any discounts. I paid today- it was $170 ($120 for Self-employed Fed, and $50 for state).  I wasn't aware of any discounts, so hopefully I didn't get ripped off 🤔

Form 8915-E

Is the form only available online thru TurboTax?  I tried the software it's not there.  I live in Hawaii and still no email that it is available.

Form 8915-E

@huamapu wrote:

Is the form only available online thru TurboTax?  I tried the software it's not there.  I live in Hawaii and still no email that it is available.

The updates are currently only available using the TurboTax online editions.  Hopefully the desktop software updates will be released later today.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies