The Payer's TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number) is a required field to be entered. Enter the 9 digit TIN as shown on the Form 1099-R.
To enter, edit or delete a form 1099-R -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button
Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R
Your question was cut off because you entered it int the title and not the details box under the title.
Yes, the payers TIN is required and must be on the 1099-R form the they sent you.
This is the official IRS 1099-R form: