turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to see my 1099

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

How to see my 1099

Please take the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return file using TurboTax Online, which would include all worksheets.  

• Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click show.
  • Next scroll down and select Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.
  • In the left side panel select Tax Tools then select Print Center.
  • Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  • Then select the option to print your 2017 federal and state returns. Also select the option to include government and TurboTax worksheets, then select View or print forms.
  • This will allow you to print your complete tax file.
  • Once you have finished printing, select Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

The original post can be found here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How to see my 1099

How can i help my son with printing 2019 taxes filed with turbotax if he can remember the user name or password used

How to see my 1099

You can get a free IRS transcript here:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Access a prior year online return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

How to see my 1099

You have to sign onto the same online account using the exact same user ID you used to create the  online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your  account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

davidasarver
Returning Member

How to see my 1099

Block 20 on Social Security Worksheet does not autofill after completing SSA-1099 entries in Turbo Tax program.

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

How to see my 1099

Are you sure that there should be a number in box 20 of the Social Security benefit worksheet?

Entering  a SSA-1099 doesn't always mean you will have a taxable amount that will show in box 20. If you check line 6 of your 1040, 6a will show the amount of Social Security income and 6b will show the taxable amount. 

Since you are looking at the Social Security benefit worksheet, do you see any amounts on line 1? Whether it is taxable or not, the amount you entered should show on line 1. 

If you have contributed to a traditional IRA, or if you received a lump sum distribution, the taxable amount may not show on box 20. See below, where the taxable amount was calculated on a different worksheet.

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

How to see my 1099

Are you sure that there should be a number in box 20 of the Social Security benefit worksheet?

Entering  a SSA-1099 doesn't always mean you will have a taxable amount that will show in box 20. If you check line 6 of your 1040, 6a will show the amount of Social Security income and 6b will show the taxable amount. 

Since you are looking at the Social Security benefit worksheet, do you see any amounts on line 1? Whether it is taxable or not, the amount you entered should show on line 1. 

If you have contributed to a traditional IRA, or if you received a lump sum distribution, the taxable amount may not show on box 20. See below, where the taxable amount was calculated on a different worksheet.

calebdg15

How to see my 1099

TURBO TAX SUXXXXXXXX

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies