turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

@anthrax08 wrote:

@DoninGA Yes I did that for the past few days and I keep getting the Payment status not available message. I also tried doing the address trick by removing the ST or using the exact address when using USPS zip code lookup tool but still I get the same message. I am using the free edition so I am not sure if upgrading to deluxe/paying $30 to speak to a live agent would fix this.

No, there is no need to upgrade as no one at TurboTax will be able to assist with this IRS website.

This is what the IRS website says about "Payment status not available" - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#payment

The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:

• You are required to file a tax return, but:
    • We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
    • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
  • You don't usually file a return, and:
    • You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
    • You receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.
  • You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).

We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there is no need to check more often. If you are eligible for a payment and have provided your information either through a recent tax return or the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here application, please check back for updates.

Just keep checking back daily to see if your information has been updated.

anthrax08
Returning Member

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

@DoninGA I guess I don't have much choice but to keep checking it. Thank you for the quick response.

Have you entered the exact same information from your 1040 form into get my payment tool? It has to be exactly the same. I was entering second street but I looked at my federal 1040 and it was 2nd St.. Works now 

IF YOU HAD FESS TAKING OUT YOU WILL GET A PAPER CHECK.  TURBO TAX KNEW THIS ALREADY AND FAILED TO TELL THE CLIENTS. TURBO TAX WILL  NOT GET MY BUSINESS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J2nice

Same here...I will never file with Turbo again. 

Li7
Level 3

When I go on the irs website it doesn’t recognize my info. 

Put your address with no periods in it

LS13
Level 3

Try going to the TurboTax stimulus tool and put your info in. Then check IRS website in a few days and see if anything changed

Make sure in the one space you put the amount of your adjusted income on line 8b is where you find it and then your refund amount . I overlooked it and keep getting error msg untill I realized that . Hope that was helpful. Also your refund amount is the total before there deductions line 21 I believe

Turbo Tax is not the problem . They did there part and they do it well. The reason the IRS said it didnt have the banking info was because the accounts are pre-paid so the IRS site didnt recognize the accounts . So obviously the info would have to be re-entered if you wanted to house the turbo card once again. Also if the IRS web site says your info isn't matching up make sure you are entering the 2 correct amounts they ask for ,  1 is your adjusted income , you can get it off of line 8b .  2 is your total refund , located on line 21 I do believe.  If you put the info in correctly it will work.

My name is Renee Thistle and am having the exact same problem with turbo tax. Now irs is saying there mailing my check and I had taxes direct deposit WTF!!!

JoyFernwood
Returning Member

My name is Joy

JoyFernwood
Returning Member

Me too. I'm so upset right now. I filed my  taxes back in January with turbo tax.!! Still nothing! My bank info IS correct! I don't understand.

JoyFernwood
Returning Member

Now that's the answer I've been looking for.  TT knew and didn't disclose the fact that even though direct deposit was requested by us we would be getting paper checks. That's crazy. I trusted this company. I literally have $5 in the bank. I guess tuna sandwiches for dinner tonight. Absolutely horrible business practice. I will never reccomend them again.

Really !!! All I keep hearing is " Just Keep Checking Daily " I've been checking for over a week and still haven't received a deposit date. By the time I get this help I wont need it. If goverment officials was hurting and didnt have ten bucks left to there name I bet it wouldn't take but a  couple days to get there payment. Totally ridiculous,  and to top it off the lack of info they give you to find out when a person should expect there payment is worthless . All a person can really do is hope and pray .

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies