turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

I don't know if this will help but I had received an extra child support payment this week and I don't know if it's from their father refund, or he was being nice (doubt it) or if it  came from the stimulus he was supposed to have received. I wish everyone had definite answers to stop the confusion and misinformation that is going around.

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

Sorry to hear that. I wonder which tax preparer  the ones who had received their deposits use. I've been using TT for years because the fees were less than most tax services but now people are regretting it. If they fix the glitches I might stay with TT it use to be convenient. 

I need to know my 2018 AGI

I discovered that if you owed taxes in 2018 and paid as a debit out of your bank account the IRS did not keep it.  If you can get in you may be able to put in your DD bank info.  Other wise they will mail you a check to the address on your return.  

yes did all that and still wont get direct deposit 

I updated my bank info (after being told they didn't have my correct info) for dd on my turbo tax card Wednesday an hour after the get my payment went live.  Everything was accepted and said it would update with my payment date. It updated yesterday saying my payment would be mailed on the 24th 😔🤔🤬

Jared p. Anthony winterson gee male dot communism.  Email me there please I definitely am interested in pursuing this. This is causing me a sincere amount of undue grief. I've had numerous surgeries on my heart and back and I needed this. I still haven't even received my refund let alone my stimulus

Li7
Level 3

I’ll never use turbo tax again 

Yea. Apparently if you use the free edition, they supply ZERO info to the irs. I cant even change payment info.  It keeps saying payment status unavailable. I cant do anything about it because the irs isnt taking calls. Looks like I have no choice but to wait. Thanks TT. No one I know will EVER use your crap you call tax prep again.

@DaveF1006 shut up Dave. You know this crap doesn't even work when u use the free edition. They dont even have enough info to TELL ME they dont have enough. Just " payment status unavailable" 

@GabiU THEY DONT HAVE MY INFO TO EVEN USE THAT. SO THANKS FOR NOTHING.

@RickG you sound stupid. How can u understand? DID YOU USE YOUR SERVICES TO FILE?!?! nope. I bet u got your check already how could u possibly get it? You probably didnt even need the check and already have it. So just stop.

anthrax08
Returning Member

@momosminions19 How did you update your DD info? Did you update it on turbotax website or IRS? Since I owed federal tax for both 2018 and 2019, I checked my tax return and found that my bank info only shows as direct debit. There is no information for direct deposit. Please advise how did you fix it. Thanks

@anthrax08 wrote:

@momosminions19 How did you update your DD info? Did you update it on turbotax website or IRS? Since I owed federal tax for both 2018 and 2019, I checked my tax return and found that my bank info only shows as direct debit. There is no information for direct deposit. Please advise how did you fix it. Thanks

Did you go to this IRS website and enter your Social Security number, data of birth and address - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

What did the website indicate after you entered your information?

anthrax08
Returning Member

@DoninGA Yes I did that for the past few days and I keep getting the Payment status not available message. I also tried doing the address trick by removing the ST or using the exact address when using USPS zip code lookup tool but still I get the same message. I am using the free edition so I am not sure if upgrading to deluxe/paying $30 to speak to a live agent would fix this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies