Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Other financial discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Last week, on the Turbo blog, we talked about ways to forgive yourself and move on from past financial mistakes. CFSW, Marsha Barnes, shared five key ways to move on and get better with your money: 1. Recognize previous spending behaviors and forgive... read more
jlohani ‎Posted February 19, 2019 | Latest post February 25, 2024 by ls351471
I bought all my solar hardware for my solar project in 2023 and finished my project only in January 2024 (Utility approved PTO). I didn't claim my tax credit on my 2023 Tax Return and will be doing for 2024. As I am going to get about $5,000 tax cred... read more
SLYKTAX ‎Posted Friday
Looking for a hassle-free way to own a car? $500 down car no credit check offer an affordable and accessible solution for many buyers. With just a small upfront payment, you can drive away in a reliable vehicle without the worry of undergoing a credi... read more
Marylisaa ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by xmasbaby0
One of my dependents need to file form 709 in the future income tax. Does that mean I can't use the person as a dependent since they need to file that form? My dependent obviously doesn't do income tax but needs to file the 709 form. Does that affect... read more
Oz6989 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by DoninGA
Let's say I bought 100 ABC @ $50 on Jan 1, and then another 100 ABC @$30 on Jan 27, and another 100ABC @$15 on February 26, does that mean whatever one I choose to sell constitutes Wash Sale?if I sell 1st & 3rd purchases also Wash Sale? Let's say if ... read more
SLYKTAX ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Tuesday by Bsch4477
Hi, If I loss $3K in 2023 stock investment, I am allowed to deduct $3,000 in my 2023 tax return and $2.7K will be carried to 2024. Supposed I also have a $3K carried over from 2022, does that mean I can have another $3,000 deduction from my 2023 retu... read more
SLYKTAX ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by VolvoGirl
Hello experts, I moved from EU to USA at the end of 2022, fully employed in the US since I arrived, on a regular payroll etc.At the time of the move I had significant cash savings in an EU bank account, and due to high banking transfer fees decided t... read more
peric_danijela ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by KristinaK
Wondering what folks are planning to migrate to now that Mint is shutting down. I've used it since 2009 or so... feels like my whole financial life is in there. It was never perfect, but I still found it incredibly helpful.
chairman_mao ‎Posted November 2, 2023 | Latest post 4 weeks ago by Sandra_
Turbo Tax owes me a refund THEY WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO CHARGE ME FOR DOING MY TAXES THIS AMOUNT, THEY SENT AN EMAIL SAYING MY REFUND CHECK FROM THEM(TURBO TAX) NOT THE IRS..PLEASE FOLLOW ME ..TURBO TAX EMAILED ME AND SAID MY REFUND CHECK WENT OUT AND T... read more
myowntaxes24 ‎Posted April 24, 2024 | Latest post April 24, 2024 by xmasbaby0
When I placed my order for Turbo Tax online, the payment summary for the order was $167.20 plus tax, however, I was charged for $193.00 plus tax. Here is the proof when I placed the order, but they refuse to credit me back the difference. This is una... read more
jimzhenzhang ‎Posted April 15, 2024 | Latest post April 24, 2024 by myowntaxes24
Team, We had been filing US Federal Returns online thru IRS Free File Fillable Forms. Every year a User/Password had to be created. This time IRS has mandated to have a US Phone Number where a Text Message can be received. Since we are currently not ... read more
akjain ‎Posted April 17, 2024 | Latest post April 18, 2024 by akjain
I have payment acknowledgement that the parents of a college student paid. the message on the paid acknowledgement says your payment will be credited on the student account. My question is what form do I use to enter the payment the parents made?
Sammie66 ‎Posted April 14, 2024
I have a rental house that is depreciated since 01/01/2005, date in service. Using the SL method over 27.5 yr life, it has been depreciated $2,278 each year. Why does the Turbo Tax Premier for Rental Propery only allow a lower depreciation than what ... read more
baxtervm-yahoo-c ‎Posted April 13, 2024 | Latest post April 13, 2024 by LeticiaF1
We were paying our accountant for our QB Online for the last couple of years. We decided to move on and took back the control and billing for the QBOL. I was paying the accounting firm $130 a month. I just got billed $172 from intuit for QuickBooks O... read more
johnbarton5344 ‎Posted April 11, 2024 | Latest post April 12, 2024 by CatinaT1
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies