Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Other financial discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Covid-19 has really transformed many aspects of our lives, and finances are one of those hot topics. Maybe you’ve been more interested in tackling those pressing home projects, because you’ve been spending more time at home,? Pondering a carpet refre... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
Hello everyone, we know these uncertain times raise questions for all of us. We've collected helpful tips and resources here: https://blog.mint.com/updates/mint-money-hub-what-to-know-about-coronavirus-covid-19-and-your-finances What other questions ... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted April 3, 2020 | Latest post 3 weeks ago by bogenzumer
This Fall 2020, I converted a portion of my Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA. I did not withhold any taxes when I converted the money to a Roth. I know I need to pay taxes on it. Can I use the 1040ES to make an estimated tax payment to the IRS for the i... read more
rdh ‎Posted 7 hours ago | Latest post 5 hours ago by macuser_22
Hello, In 2019, I filed Married Filing Separately and accidentally have the check box filled in for: Someone can claim: "Your Spouse as a Dependent" I have not received my stimulus deposit. My Spouse did already receive her stimulus deposit. The IRS ... read more
Anonymous ‎Posted April 24, 2020 | Latest post yesterday by klauguste
My stimulus check was taken because I owe back child support. When I claim my taxes I have 2 kids on there. 1 is from the previous relationship and the other child lives with me from my current relationship. Is there a way to get the $500 for the chi... read more
luis88solis ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by xmasbaby0
Hello Everyone: I am an international student with F1 status. I have filed my 2018 tax return as a non-resident; however, I filed the 2019 tax return as a resident because I have passed the significant presence test.The tax refund got approved, and I... read more
deep2504 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Thursday by xmasbaby0
Hello, I am a US citizen living and working in India with my wife plus two kids. For 2020 I could work only for the month of Jan and earned 1700$ + may be 1200$ more due to freelance work. I am the only working member and we file our return as a marr... read more
amit2020 ‎Posted Wednesday
Son was closed out of a 401K held at Vanguard and received a check consisting of mixed Roth and traditional monies (less taxes). Check was received in early September. He rolled it into a newly created traditional IRA at Schwab so it contains only th... read more
smirshkahoven ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by smirshkahoven
I am looking for a CPA that has expertise in both UK and U.S. tax situations.I have tried using a TTL professional however in my experience they can only really provide advice on U.S. tax situations. I would like to go a little deeper and discuss:- r... read more
nick_kjaer ‎Posted Tuesday
Hi, I applied my wife's ITIN on Mar 3, 2020, through visiting the IRS office, so it's been more than 3 months. The paper instruction is saying that the mail will be delivered within 9-11 weeks, however, I still don't get any mail for the result yet.I... read more
Jonathan82 ‎Posted June 23, 2020 | Latest post Tuesday by mjd54321
Hello, When I log in to get my payment, it says they need to confirm my banking information. It asks me to enter my AGI which is -10, but it won't accept a negative or 0 when I enter the information. I am now locked out of the system for 24 hours. wh... read more
corrheag ‎Posted April 24, 2020 | Latest post Monday by mary riple
TT states You can still resubmit your return through October 31, 2020 9PM PT, but your return could be subject to late filing or payment penalties, but, TT LIED ABOUT THE ELECTRICONICALLY ALLOWED FILING DATE. TODAY, TT REJECTED MY PAID FOR FILINGS SA... read more
user074368637 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Monday by GabiU
Covid-19 has really transformed many aspects of our lives, and finances are one of those hot topics. Maybe you’ve been more interested in tackling those pressing home projects, because you’ve been spending more time at home,? Pondering a carpet refre... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted 2 weeks ago
Hello, I have $5000 taken out of my paycheck pretax every year for dependent child care expenses. This school year because my children are distance learning I’ve had to hire a babysitter. I pay approximately $800/month. I tried to submit for reimburs... read more
Thompso1ct ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by xmasbaby0
Top Contributors
Privacy Settings