Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Other financial discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Hello everyone, we know these uncertain times raise questions for all of us. We've collected helpful tips and resources here: https://blog.mint.com/updates/mint-money-hub-what-to-know-about-coronavirus-covid-19-and-your-finances What other questions ... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted April 3, 2020 | Latest post a week ago by nothingplease
We received a schedule K-1 from my brother's estate. We haven't received any funds yet but will receive in 2020. The calendar/tax year on the K-1 is 5/01/19 to 4/30/20.. We are suppose to pay taxes on this money and not the estate. Do we file this wi... read more
VlpRop76 ‎Posted 11 hours ago | Latest post 10 hours ago by tagteam
I have conflicting information for the Home Energy Credits. One statement (in two locations) says, "Eligible homeowners can claim both of these credits when they file their 2019 federal income tax return. Because these are credits, not deductions, th... read more
patriot-usa ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post yesterday by AnnetteB6
I've been waiting since March for my income taxes and stimulus check to come in the mail. I had applied for a turbotax debit card. Never received it. I applied for the stimulus hasn't cleared in the bank account I had put online. As I checked to see ... read more
Ggflowerchild ‎Posted yesterday
Hi There, Can a gross-up on a relocation expense be greater than the expense? For example,miscellaneous moving expense $1000miscellaneous moving expense gross-up $5000 If the answer is yes, what are the circumstances that this could happen? Thank you... read more
aswinwidjaya ‎Posted yesterday
My TurboTax friends, Is there a way for me to pay for my COBRA premiums with pre-tax retirement dollars without taking that amount as income for that tax year? And no 10% early withdrawal penalty. And without having to Itemize Deductions (>7.5% AGI 2... read more
TaxNoviceLearner ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post yesterday by BillM223
I am self employed and already have an EIN number. If I start an LLC an I am the only member can I use my existing EIN number?
JLbobcat ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by tagteam
I received a partial payment of $800 based on my 2018 returns. Now, that I have done my 2019 return, I qualify for an additional $400 because I retired that year in April. Do I get an additional deposit to my social security account or do I get a cre... read more
sdprhodes ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by VictoriaD75
I am retired and I am considering pulling money from my IRA to provide a personal loan to a family member. Is my income from the IRA just considered normal income or can it be treated differently when used in this way. Please, no comments on why this... read more
hegreer3 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post yesterday by Hegreer3
Hi! I try to add my card trought Paypal when I register to here site, but there is nothings happen, no any information about error or something bug. I found this post: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/can-i-use-paypal-account-to-rec... read more
Lith ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post yesterday by Lith
Hello, In 2019, I filed Married Filing Separately and accidentally have the check box filled in for: Someone can claim: "Your Spouse as a Dependent" I have not received my stimulus deposit. My Spouse did already receive her stimulus deposit. The IRS ... read more
mjsoliz07 ‎Posted April 24, 2020 | Latest post Thursday by needvacay
When I tried to pay TurboTax, I had the program fill in all of the credit card information from last year and all appeared correct, but when I tried to proceed with the payment, the notification was that I needed to enter my name as it appeared on th... read more
Jackie 2 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by JotikaT2
Hi, My parents transferred ~$40,000 from India to my account last year. I am a US Citizen . I have been reading online and see two forms 709 and 3520 . I am not sure which one do we need to submit ? Form 709 talks about lifetime gift tax limit , is t... read more
abcl007 ‎Posted Wednesday
My husband is paying back child support so they took our entire $2400. I am trying to fill out the form 8379 for injured spouse and get my $1200. But it wants out “tax” information. That would be fine except that we owe the irs money. We have to pay ... read more
MamaBear71 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Wednesday by CatinaT1
is it possible to search for posts by user name?
wtmann45 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Wednesday by wtmann45
Top Contributors