Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Other financial discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
I made a loan to an individual who defaulted. I took the case to court and won a judgement against that individual who then filed for bankruptcy. I have legal and other expenses from the bankruptcy court hearings. The bankruptcy judge ruled against m... read more
alpianalto ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Tuesday by alpianalto
What line on IRS Form 1040 does Social Security use for the "Taxed Social Security Earnings"? I'm looking at the record that I downloaded from Social Security and none of the figures match any of the fields on Form 1040.
Margaret77 ‎Posted November 16, 2019 | Latest post Monday by xmasbaby0
I own my hone and owe nothing on it. My credit was 300 after filing bankruptcy years and years ago. It’s around 600 now. Why am I having such a tough time getting a home equity loan of some type??? I have not missed any payments on anything in over a... read more
Carry15748 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Saturday by NCperson
Why can't i find a phone # to call and speak with someone?
WES58 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by DoninGA
I have my turbo tax card from last year who can I call to find out where is my loan
Saylorkelli ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by xmasbaby0
I have an opportunity coming up to have enough money to pay off my 30,000 car loan completely. Should I do this or just pay enough to not be upside down. Thinking of trading for a lease car. I like drive new cars. I don't mind the note but sometimes ... read more
Bella59 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by tagteam
HOW DO I ENTER UPGRADENUMBER INTO TURBOWTAX?
pills69 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by DoninGA
I just wanted to know If this could be a deductible on my taxes. So, I'm a 25 year old single guy. I currently live with my mother and she has section 8. Our rent went up because I'm making more money. I currently pay $1300 and of course I don't file... read more
Edwin0621 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by DoninGA
Looking for insight on this topic. If a taxpayer is over 65 and on Medicare, can he still contribute to HSA and get the tax credit for HSA contributions?
gmikegreen ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post a week ago by ghost
I am about to work as a freelance consultant for a company in Canada while remaining based in the US. How will that income be need to be reported on my US taxes? Do Canadian companies file US 1099 forms? Thanks for the help.
Bryzzo1908 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Bryzzo1908
I have tried for 2 days to get ahold of an actual live person with turbo tax with no success. My bank account was charged $43.19 in November and we did not authorize that charge. We only use turbo tax on occasion (this means I use other services some... read more
BeppyB ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by NCperson
I really need to have a CPA help me with this one.The Trust is invested in a mutual fund, and I am the beneficiary of the income every year. However, even though I personally paid the tax on the income I was entitled to every year, I stupidly left th... read more
lou_renshaw ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by tagteam
If u pay a debt will tht help ur score 
Cl08 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by tagteam
If I received a Cash Gift from my grandmother for $20,000 in order to help pay off student loans, what is my tax liability? I know the bank is required to report cash deposits of over 10k, and there is no prove this was a cash gift from a family memb... read more
dudehammer ‎Posted a month ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by xmasbaby0
In 2017 and 2018 I paid for education in a new field with plans to begin a new business. In 2019 I formed an LLC for the business. I learned that $5000 in startup costs can be deducted, and over the $5000 would be an amortized deduction over 15 years... read more
fr31b3rgs ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by xmasbaby0
Top Contributors