turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

So everyone knows the IRS Portal is now open for you to adjust your direct deposit information if you need to. First it will let you check your status-then it may allow you to update your payment method. I was able to do so successfully. I was not immediately told how long it will take for the funds to come into my account. 

FYI- the status of my payment originally was that they didn’t have enough information to send my payment based on my most recent tax return. So basically I got the Turbo Tax Debit Card-no advance, and not a Rush card just the normal Green Dot Turbo Tax card-and basically somehow Turbo Tax has my information all screwed up because the IRS didn’t have enough info to send me my stimulus payment. Everyone around me is getting theirs and I’m sitting here like a fool come to find out it’s because of Turbo Tax. I paid $230 to get my taxes done by them and they screwed me on both my tax refunds and the stimulus. I won’t be back to do business with them again. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

464 Replies
Bnich19

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

Same thing happened to me. Turbo tax is a scam. I won’t be using them next year 

Same thing happened to me, I've used Turbo tax for years and this year has been a total nightmare, even before this ridiculous stimulus fiasco. I will also be looking for a new Tax preparing service. and NO ONE will give any answers. its all just copy and paste bull**bleep** with absolutely no answers to anything!

Exactly! I had to do the same thing TurboTax is going to lose a lot of customers behind this

Same thing happened to me they need to release a statement or something. People will just waiting for money that will never come.

I hope they do, basically from what I'm understanding from numerous posts I'm reading, if you paid upfront for your taxes to be filed then they gave all of the info but if it was to be taken out of your tax return you have to give the IRS your info, so if they have to wait for their money, you have to wait for yours. 

Same thing happened to me i had to re-enter the same deposit numbers on the irs site that's on my 1040 because it said it had no bank information for me which makes no sense. Now i have to wait on a payment date.

Same I had to do this as well

Checked "get my payment" Nothing about it deposited. Money givin or not, this was supposed to be us. I am never and I mean never touching turbo tax again. My family, my wifes family, my uncles, aunts, cousins whatever. We are moving over to H&R block.

@iPhoneGuy86 Where did you get the number for your “Tax Return” I typed in the total with state and then without and got locked out for 24hrs smh lol. Do I need to subtract the fees if I paid? Sorry if that was a little confusing to understanding, just stressing 

Just federal not state.

@tal0s1 I did that but it said it wasn’t correct. I did have fees taken out for filing but the number on the 1040 is what I entered. Also if I used a turbo card and its on the 1040 do I need to use that card for the irs as well?

The get my payment is for any DD so you can get your money, doesnt have to be TT. I would avoid using TT as you can see they are clearly not here for us. Use your actual bank.

@tal0s1 I appreciate all the help, truly! Thank you! One last question if you have time. So on the “Tax Return” you type in. I put my federal which was 1007 but it said it was wrong. Should I subtract the fees that I had to pay as well from it? I just don’t want to put the wrong number in and be locked out for good

JoiAvie

Same thing with me. Even though my turbo tax account matches my 1040 they messed with the information on their end. Portal was saying they didn't have my info. Luckily the IRS portal is even open. Will use something else for taxes next year because this is fishy.

Go into the TT app or site and download your forms-whatever it says on the form for your refund amount on the paperwork is what you put on the IRS Stimulus portal. 

However-if you’re sure you got the right dollar amount and the IRS website is not taking it or saying it’s wrong I’d call Turbo Tax-they’re responsible for your tax information. The dollar amount needed for your taxes is the dollar amount before any fees apply-the same dollar amount you would put on its.gov to check your tax refund status. 

And I’m with all of you. I’m done with TT as a company. I recommended them highly to everyone used them for years and always paid good money for their tax prep usually always well over $100-2019 tax year it was $230. 

Now it sounds like to me if you opted to have your tax costs taken out of your refund they didn’t pass over information to the IRS resulting in us getting our stimulus payment but if you paid for it up front or were qualified for their rush service to get a cash advance then they did provide your information. Thats bs we all paid them for our taxes or did the free agent edition. 

I intend to do something legal about this. My friends a lawyer. No matter what state you live in just reply to this with your first name and I’ll put an email together and communicate with you that way if you’ve been screwed by TT and want something legal to be done. Class Action Lawsuit for discriminatory practices with how they handled our information to receive our stimulus payments is how I would look at it. I hope you all get your issues resolved and get your moneys very quickly. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies