turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tonyathe2

I have nontaxable combat pay. When I go through the IRS site, that site calculates I can receive the EIC if I exclude my combat pay. TurboTax wont give me the option.

How do I get the system to not include my combat pay? I know it's legally allowed and probably a software glitch.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have nontaxable combat pay. When I go through the IRS site, that site calculates I can receive the EIC if I exclude my combat pay. TurboTax wont give me the option.

Look at your W-2 box 12.  Does it have a code of Q with an amount?  This is your nontaxable combat pay.

Actually the non combat pay is not considered unless you opt to include it for the EIC & CTC credits not the other way around.   The program will automatically choose the better option for you.   This year you will have the option to enter the 2019 earned income & combat pay to potentially get bigger credits.   Follow the interview screens carefully in the Deductions & Credits section. 

1....jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies