Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

try to import from JP Morgan, says to obtain the identification code from the link but the link is NOT available!

I'm having the same problem.  The words "Get You Identification Code" are there, but it is not a link, and clicking on it does nothing.  The link to get updates on this issue has expired.  I'm running TT Premier on a Mac, and I have applied all the updates available as of today.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

try to import from JP Morgan, says to obtain the identification code from the link but the link is NOT available!

Please follow the advise of @marilynjoy above. If this does not work, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
davelee
Returning Member

The Help Article link leads to a page that says...

"We're sorry, we can't find the page you requested."

Has this been resolved. I called Chase and they said it is a TurboTax issue. Please advise. "Get an Identification Link" still does not work. Thank you.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here in order to get the workaround for this issue. 

NW23
Level 2

Even the link you sent to switch over to the online version is broken and unclear. When clicking on it, it simply takes you to a community discussion page where there are others complaining about the same problem. Can you point us to a CLEAR LINK and instructions on how to switch over to the online version? Does this mean we have to start our returns all over?  How does a major tax software company not allow you to import from one of the largest banks in America - and now we are being told it won't be fixed till AFTER the tax season. In addition, the "workaround" is confusing and inaccessible.  Turbotax should offer refunds for those of us who paid for a download product that simply doesn't work.  

davelee
Returning Member

As mentioned earlier the link to Switch to QB Online provided is broken. I googled the following link...

How do I switch from TurboTax CD/Download to TurboTax Online?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-cd-download-to-turbo...

BUT at the very start, the article says...

* You can transfer your tax data file... only if you're switching a prior year return

* You can't transfer your current year return

So it sounds like if you have already started your return on your Desktop when you reached the "no identification link available" error - you have to restart if switching to the Online version?

I am not a tax expert OR a Turbotax (TT) employee. So please anyone out there please let me know if this true - "you need to restart inputting your taxes if switching to TT online"?

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

I apologize for the inconvenience, please contact us at customer support so we can further assist you.

@davelee

This is the whole reason I paid for the Premium version, this bug is preventing me from moving forward, and should be considered a high priority bug.

Also the link provided to monitor this message doesn't work.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see these steps provided by Chase to help with your import.

For Brokerage and Managed Accounts

Within the TurboTax software, use “Chase Investments” to search for the financial institution.
Enter your chase.com username, password, and identification code.
Request the identification code by clicking the ‘Get Your Identification Code’ link within TurboTax.
You'll be presented with a chase.com sign-in page for multifactor authentication purposes (similar to the one that appears when you sign in to chase.com from an unrecognized computer).
Choose to receive the identification code by phone, text, or email.
Upon receipt, type the identification code into TurboTax to proceed with the download process; the identification code expires after 30 minutes.

Why am I unable to import from Chase Bank/Investments?

Chase customer support is (800)392-5749.

Unfortunately there is no "Chase Investments" in the list, and choosing just "Chase Bank" results in a message box the reads: 

chaseNotice.png

Turbo Tax, this has been an issue for over a month.  On Macs there is no link to get the JP Morgan Securities Identification Code.

Please solve this ASAP.

Attention Intuit -- you all need to get this fixed on time. Basic stuff.  Not having a path to resolution that too for a bank as big as JPM--not good!!!!

Two or three years back ran into a similar issue.  Expect better from your product and services.

Even the link/URL with the guidance to go online does not work.  That is pathetic.

Someone even screening this community forum??

Katina,

candidly you gotta escalate this internally and have a patch fix out ASAP!!

Agree that the response from intuit is unacceptable....they have had well over a month to resolve the issue.  

I choose not to use  the online version of Turbo Tax for a reason.  Now my only option is to type the data in manually??  Please escalate this issue!  I'll be looking for a new solution to file my taxes next year if the issue isn't resolved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies