Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Anyone else have an issue with importing 1099-INT from Chase Bank?

If I wanted to enter documents manually I wouldn't be paying for Turbotax

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Anyone else have an issue with importing 1099-INT from Chase Bank?

Plus, I paid a bunch in foreign taxes in investments and can’t find out where to input that to get that credit back? Anyone help?

Good news!!!! I contacted my Chase bank, and they quickly contacted Intuit, and delivered the instructions that worked perfectly. IT IS A SHAME that Intuit can't inform us as quickly. Anyway, here is the instruction which worked for me. Also, here is a support number: [phone number removed]

For Brokerage and Managed Accounts

1.     Within the TurboTax software, use “Chase Investments” to search for the financial institution
  2.     Enter your chase.com username, password, and identification code
  3.     Request the identification code by clicking the ‘Get Your Identification Code’ link within TurboTax
  4.     You'll be presented with a chase.com sign in page for multifactor authentication purposes (similar to the one that appears when you sign in to chase.com from an unrecognized computer)
  5.     Choose to receive the identification code by phone, text, or email
  6.     Upon receipt, type the identification code into TurboTax to proceed with the download process; the identification code expires after 30 minutes.

NOTE:  All available tax forms for all Brokerage and Managed accounts accessible by chase.com username can be imported.

Seriously??

TT has an FAQ on this issue:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/what-if-i-can-t-import-my-1099/00/846274

I believe this is the responsibility of each bank, brokerage firm, etc. to provide that information to their customer.

Chase is where you should have started first.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

No reason to get snippy, Rick19744.  As you can see, many people have had the same difficulty, and frankly, if they have spent money with Intuit, it seems to me that Intuit has a responsibility to keep their customers happy, regardless of who is to blame.  Behold the many Intuit employee experts who could not provide the correct advice, leading to everyone's frustration. Thanks for your help.

Hi @Philmb thanks for sharing.  Are you using the Premier version of TT or a different version?  Because I cannot even find Chase Investments in the list (there's only Chase) and there's no option to Get Your Identification Code on my end.  There is something about using a token but it doesn't give me an option to even get one.  So I'm seeing something completely different than you are.

Thanks.

Hi JMG: I am using TTDeluxe. They tried to upgrade me to Premiere for $30 but I declined. It would have been my next option had my Chase Banker not helped me out. Yes you are correct, there was no Chase Investments on the drop down so I took a chance on Chase Bank and it worked. Phew! What a runaround!

Thanks @Philmb.  Any chance at all you could share a screenshot of what you see, specifically this Get Identity Code?  I just have the usual user name and password which is what I see when I normally log into Chase.com.  No worries if you cannot share the screen (don't want to see your personal info).  I am not seeing that option anywhere.

I was using Deluxe, too, but realized I had to upgrade because Deluxe won't handle one part of my brokerage portfolio.  Although that all might be b.s.!

Thanks.

JMG: I can't replicate the sequence of events, because I am past it now with TT. However, as I recall, I was in TurboTax, on the page asking which financial institution. In the drop down, I searched for any Chase, and got Chase Bank, i think. I clicked on that and the following screen appeared. So, I entered my normal Chase Online password, user name, and I was asked to receive a Identity Code via mobile phone which I did. Upon entering it on the screen, the import process asked which accounts I wanted to extract. It listed all my account numbers, and boom-- the import took place.  Hope this helps!Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 3.06.16 PM.png

@Philmb thanks so much for your help.  I take it that screenshot below is from the main Chase website, right?  You clarified the part about the identity code for me now, thanks.  That sounds like the standard identity verification that you get when logging into Chase from a different computer.  In this case, I did not get that code.  So I'm not sure why this worked for you and still doesn't work for me, but this does give me some thoughts.  Thanks again, appreciated.

@JMG-Chicago…Try this phone number eight hundred three nine two five seven four nine. The intuit app deletes numeric phone numbers. Hope this helps!!

@MichelleLO any updates on this???

randytuok
Returning Member

If the issue has been resolved, what are the steps to get over this. I am still experiencing the issue as of 02/27/22 at 8:10PM EST.

I called into to TT support and after gotten hung up on once by an agent who did seem to know anything about TT, the next agent (Ann at Product Support Center in Illinois) sent me this link that purported to track the issue

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/import-transactions/help/why-am-i-unable-to-import-from-chase-bank...

But this link does not detail the solution. It simply says "Solved".

Like other posters here, I too, am a long time users. I am extremely dissatisfy with Intuit's action on this issue.

@randytuok i am actually STUNNED by Intuits lack of response, and their failure to broadcast a solution. I am sending along an alphabetic phone number which I received to get satisfaction:  Try this phone number eight hundred three nine two five seven four nine. The intuit app deletes numeric phone numbers. Hope this helps!!

randytuok
Returning Member

Rick19744 , you must be joking!!!
I bought TT because it  provides the ability to import statements from financial institutions, among other features.  When this import function does not work, it is up to Intuit to investigate the issue, and if necessary, work with its partner to fix it. How can anyone expect the customer to fix the issue? We do not know how the function is designed and coded, or how it interface with Chase's system.  So no, it is not up to the customer to investigate a product/service's defect. 

I see that this issue has been around since 2020 (it's now 2/27/22). Surely, if the problem is seriously investigated it would have been fixed by now.  If Intuit relies on that fact that it has biggest market share for tax preparation software and feels that it doesnt have to take customers' complaints seriously, then market force will teach it otherwise.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies