`

Where do i file my certificate of rent paid?

Alumni

You do that in your state return when you go through the state interview. It does not go on your Federal return.

I have already efiled my return. How do I now go in and file my certificate of rent paid?

where can I file my renter
Alumni

Where do I mail in my certificate of rent paid

Aware of that but they said you have to mail it in, what is the address on where to send it in?????

@AngelaPluff   Mentioning your state would be helpful.  I am just going to take a guess on MN.

MN RENT CREDIT

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899893-can-i-file-my-m1pr-minnesota-property-tax-refund-through-t...

To check the status of the rent credit in MN

http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/individ_income/pages/draft-wmr-context-page.aspx

To obtain the refund, the taxpayer must have a CRP, Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP), for each rental unit lived in during the year. The taxpayer's landlord is required to deliver a completed CRP to the taxpayer no later than January 31st of each year.

You will need the CRP to determine your refund, if any, and you must include what is called a Form M1PR with the CRP when it is filed. These forms have to be printed and mailed in to:

Minnesota Property Tax Refund
St. Paul, MN 55145-0020

TurboTax will prepare the Form M1PR for you to print. Towards the end of the step-by-step interview for Minnesota you will reach the Other Forms You May Need screen. To have the M1PR prepared and made available for printing, make sure you check the Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) check box on the Other Forms You May Need screen, then follow the prompts through the end of the interview.

I filed my cert of rent with turbo tax but I still have the physical copy of the Cert of rent paid. Where do I send it?

Try to find a location