Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax indicates that financial data has been retrieved but nothing is in the program

I am trying to retrieve my data from brokerage accounts.  Some brokerage account work within the Turbotax program but others open a tab in my browser.  The browser I am using is Brave.  After I enter my password, the screen shows a messaage Success! We got your tax data. You can now return to TurboTax.  When I back to the Turbotax program, nothing has been entered.  What might be the problem?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Turbotax indicates that financial data has been retrieved but nothing is in the program

refer to numerous other threads regarding import 1099

Brave has been known to block some stuff as it is aggressive in safety controls...perhaps too aggressive for some situations. 

Either 

1) Change your default browser for your OS to Chrome or Edge...or Safari....and try again

OR

2) Get your Consolidated tax forms on paper and enter the data manually for whatever doesn't import properly.   Always check every entry on an imported form anyhow.

Of course, we can't know if there are actual tax forms at whatever financial source you are attempting to import from.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies