Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Some, but not all, available Fidelity tax forms will import

I'm using TurboTax Premier Desktop. In both the Investment Account section of Wages and Income and also the Import Summary dialog, Turbotax is logging into Fidelity correctly, but is retrieving only the 1099-R, not the Consolidated Form 1099. I would just type in, but I have a LOT of transactions in gains and losses, and would rather not have to mail in the form. Any suggestions? Both forms (1099-R and Consolidated 1099) are clearly available in Fidelity in its Tax Documents section, and I have no difficulties in downloading either form. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No PROBLEM...... just enter the 100+ pages manually lol....   TurboTax really messed up this year!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the thread here for more information on importing Fidelity. A few suggestions were to use a different browser and remove pop-up blockers.

Have you tried a different browser like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome? Many people have stated using Edge and removing the pop-up blockers has helped. Please let us know if you are successful using a different browser.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

None of my Fidelity tax data would import this year.  I have used TurboTax for years.  I called support at Fidelity and they confirmed numerous people having the same problem  I called support at TurboTax and was connected with a lady who had no clue. When she contacted her supervisor, that person also did not know.  They entered a work # order but the work order was closed for no reason 2 hours later.  

I spent hours and days, clearing cookies, clearing any blocks, rebooting.... no help.  Now I want a refund for the product and despite enclosing the receipt etc everything, case was denied and closed.  NEVER had a problem before.....!!!  GOOD LUCK!  Feel like it is the "new" work ethic or maybe Intuit was taken over??!!??  

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Switched to Edge as default browser and cleared all cache, cookies, etc., then reattempted upload. Same result. Finds the 1099-R no problem but cannot find the 1099 Consolidated (Int, Div, B). 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

In order to receive a refund, you would need to speak with us by phone as we do not have access to the account or payment system. @MumofPaints 

No PROBLEM...... just enter the 100+ pages manually lol....   TurboTax really messed up this year!

100 would be a relative breeze. 224 is the number. Can't believe Intuit disabled the ability to upload CSV or PDF files, at least for very standard forms like 1099s. 

I'll instead mail in the schedules separately as allowed, but I'm about as happy with TurboTax as you are. Second strike this year is that TurboTax Business (need it for a Trust) doesn't support upload of anything at all. Third strike (really first strike) was 2 years ago when my mother-in-law moved from AL to CO, and I needed to do her personal and trust tax returns. Completed the Fed and CO for both and then then returned to do AL only to find out (no previous disclosure) that TurboTax Business did not support AL at all. Had to crank it all by hand. Next year: TaxAct maybe.

I did figure out that the majority of the entries were being reported as Short-Term or Long-Term Covered, with only 7 as Long-Term Uncovered. So I created Summary Entries for the first two categories and then entered the 7 individually. Wasn't terrible...but that doesn't excuse Intuit for its failure to make this easy.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the workaround provided in this thread

Thanks, but (a) I mentioned above that I had found a manual workaround by entering summary entries and just a few specific transactions; (b) the problem in the thread is quite different from mine. I had no issues uploading one of my tax forms, but the other form, visible in the same browser window in Fidelity, would not display in TurboTax.

I've been having issued with the representatives from Turbo tax also.  Some are nice but some are not and kinda rude.  I am having issue with the refund too.  I bought 2 and wanted to refund one but they just danced around.  I submitted the request for over a week but haven't heard back.

Some Dude

Using Brave browser, you have to click off the "Brave Shields" and then the import works fine.  Just click them back on when finished importing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies