Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Fidelity Investment import not working.

Okay so this is been going on since January 31st and we now have 18 pages of complaints.  We keep getting fixes that are cumbersome and creates more issues than its worth.  Nothing has been done, unfortunately the minions are rehashing the same garbage over and over again.  With a complex 1099 B it is ludicrous to think that I want my information on TT's website as if I trust them with my information. 

I was desperate enough to download a program for $5 that converted CSV to TXF , and voila it worked up to a point of having no clue as to getting my converted file to the Account Services on TT rather than the financial services.  When I sent an email to the developer,  I received a reply for $10 more we will do it for you.    Wonderful a total stranger wants my information, if I don't trust TT why would I trust  someone else.

I am spending the day with the 1099B download, and it just so happens that a miracle  with an actual download a few days ago.  Note now I am going line by line 36 pages since I immediately realized that the download is correct but quite a few ommissions including 1099-Misc Royalties, missing cost basis, etc.. At this point I would rather figure out what I owe pay and than request extension.

At least we can participate in a class action suit to make sure that management is aware.  Since the only support is the minions and all the badges I have received. 

Looks like another person with importing from Fidelity.

I use a desktop version and Fidelity is the only company behave differently.  I was able to import other companies.   Called CS and was told that I can type in the info myself.  

Tried to upgrade my desktop to Premier, still not working.

Working on getting a refund.

Hard to believe TT allows this issue remain so long.

Perhaps making money has been too easy for them for too long.

Get your refund while still can(has to be within 60 days! I think it should be within 60 days of tax filing deadline!)

https://accounts.intuit.com/app/oirr

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance, please contact support. 
This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SForrestLO 

Sforrest - why can’t you provide an update here? This is not an individual user error that can be addressed/resolved with your support line? Has this issue been escalated with your manager? Is there an upcoming upgrade planned? When?  What has been done over the last 2-3 weeks since this issue has been identified? 

Your generic responses are not very helpful. At this point we should get something more detailed. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

We can only provide limited general information as this is a public forum.  If you have attempted the provided information and workarounds above and it has not resolved your matter, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@Anonymous 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeatherPLO 

@SForrestLO 

I do not feel comfortable doing any workarounds and uploading my data online so I am waiting for permanent solution/fix in a form of an upgrade to your software. 

Considering that we are ~2 week away till the tax deadline  you should provide an update so people can explore other options if TurboTax fails to fix this problem  (getting a CPA or getting another software).

Is there a planned software upgrade (when) to address this problem? 

@HeatherPLO 

@SForrestLO 

The reason folks are asking for an update in this public form is because the issue affects many, many users.  No one is asking that their individual tax situation be discussed in public.  They are merely asking *YOU* to get a status update from management as to when the basic issue will be resolved.

Many have tried the numerous suggestions regarding browsers, cookies / cache, updating software, etc. and it has not resolved the 1099-B Fidelity download issue.   So asking these same people to undergo yet another 30 minute phone call with tech support is counterproductive and a waste of your company's time and users' time.  We are all just spinning our wheels until the issue is fixed on TT / Fidelity's side.

Pardon the venting, but the filing deadline is in two weeks.  Generic responses (e.g., try a workaround, call us, etc.) are not appropriate at this point.  We have all wasted too much time on this!

I just spent 1 hour and 20 minutes with a tech support person at Intuit. Before that I spent 20 minutes with Fidelity.

I went over every permutation and combinator to try to import from Fidelity (I have done this several times already). The tech support person was very understanding and patient and really tried her best to find a solution. In the end she created another issue to track in their system (# INV-25060). Don't know if any engineer or manager is going to look at this.

This is super frustrating. The entire management team at Intuit should be ashamed of their incompetence.

GLUA
Level 3

It is OK to vent but if you want your 1099s imported starting with an online return is the only way that always works.

That was a better option than typing in my own information.  

I'm a retired IT person and I remember how dangerous it is to change a system that is being actively used.

It would not surprise me if this is never fixed in the 2022 version.  

Terrific news.  There was an update available for TT Deluxe Desktop (Windows) this AM and it has fixed my Fidelity import issue.  There is a new pop-up with language that the import may go slowly (it took all of about 5 seconds to handle about 2,000 transactions), but it did work.  This is much better than the previous warning that it wasn't designed for 2,000+ transactions and to apply for a refund! 

Here is a screenshot of the warning I saw:

Screenshot 2023-04-04 061258.jpg

Way to go TurboTax.  You rock, and have earned my business for life!  😍

Too little too late! I have already had someone do my taxes and am waiting for a TT refund! I hope it doesn’t take as long as the fix!

Here is another successful import using TurboTax for the Mac.

I saw a message about having more than 1000 transactions. But it parsed the results in a couple of seconds and not minutes.

TT MessageTT Message

GLUA
Level 3

A little too late for me but I used the workaround.

I tested the new version of the program and it works.  Great news!!!!!!

I had to clear the cache to log out of one account and import from another.  My wife and I each have our own accounts.

Turbotax has it 99% of the way fixed.  Last year, I didn't need to delete anything to use a different account.

GLUA
Level 3

I tested and it also worked for me.  TT needs to fix it so you can import from different IDs without clearing the cache.  

Now we will see how fast TT is at posting something here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies