Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Every 1099-B entry imported from ETrade shows up incorrectly with Adjustment Code N

The issue with 1099-B's incorrectly importing with adjustment code N has now been resolved.  Please delete your imported 1099-B, update your TurboTax Desktop software (TurboTax Online will automatically update), and then re-import.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SteevTax

Every 1099-B entry imported from ETrade shows up incorrectly with Adjustment Code N

Can you please point to me where the "N" code is in the 1099-B form, I can't seem to find it in my form, but I still get the same error as you.

Thanks

Steev, 

The printed 1099B forms I got from Etrade did not show the N code, but the online import file erroneously added the codes to the import data.  

This problem has now been fixed.     See above message from Catina1 for the steps to take.

SteevTax

It worked! Thank you Roy! That was super helpful.

Steev

In the end, I deleted all of my work (losing multiple hours) and redid it. At least it's easier the second or third time (I'd already redone this twice to see if I could make the errors go away =)).

smarren

Hi @CatinaT1 - I am still seeing the code Ns and error for using an adjustment on a disallowed wash sale with E*Trade. 

Steps I took:

I deleted my 1099-Bs from E*Trade.  I closed TurboTax.  I reopened TurboTax.   I hit check for updates.    it didn't find any updates because it already updated before I deleted my1099-Bs.  I reimported my 1099-Bs.   I saved the file, got to the steps where it ran the checks, and the code N's are still there and it's still triggering the error.

smarren

@CatinaT1 - your instructions didn't include deleting the form.   A user on the previous page said that was the trick for making it work for them.   Once I deleted the form along with the rest of your instructions it worked fine.

f4tq
Level 2

Sorry.  This is NOT fixed.

Sadly, I just removed the old import and re-imported and it double counted MS/E*trade transactions then TT provides no way to correct the missing cost basis so I have to re-do all that bs.

Do you test your so-called fixes??

• I deleted the import... deleted the forms. Redid the import from etrade and the adjustment code was no longer N and all was ok

Same problem here.

It is March 25, 2004.

Has this been resolved????

I'm needing help with this as well. It's asking me for information I don't have, it says it's on the 1099B form, but it's not in my etrade 1099 consolidated tax statement. 

Washington

Code: 1218556

Specifically I dont see an import or where to remove an import from etrade. I logged in. Does that mean I trash everything?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Not necessarily.  

I looked at your diagnostic copy from the code provided and I'm not seeing any errors.  

I would suggest updating your software if you are using the desktop software.  This import issue was resolved and the update may help remedy the issue and allow you to move forward.

To update your software, select Online from the menu at the top of the program, and then select Check for Updates.  This will run any applicable updates.  

If this does not help, you may want to reach out to customer service so they can look at your return with you and help you determine what the issue is.

@corinnerenee 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gnft

Can someone confirm if this happens only on the desktop versions? I imported my 1099-B's using the web version and it seems ok? Any web users who can attest to this?

Kentucky

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies