Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

patt1300

Where do I enter Tax exempt interest dividends and Specified Private Activity Bond Interest Dividends. These are reported on 1099DIV box 11 & 12?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Where do I enter Tax exempt interest dividends and Specified Private Activity Bond Interest Dividends. These are reported on 1099DIV box 11 & 12?

When entering form 1099-DIV, on the entry screen of TurboTax, check the box My form has info in other boxes (this is uncommon). Other boxes will appear and you can enter your boxes 11 and 12.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbo Tax will not allow entry into Box 12.  How do I override or force entry?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Please give us a description of any error messages or other information you may have.  I attempted to make entries into box 12 and was successful.

yogiparman
Returning Member

anyone having trouble entering special private activity bond interest on line 9?

i have 2 accounts, entered them separetly, yet one go blank when i go back and review.

i try to  edit and same think happens.ugh  

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can enter Tax-exempt interest and Specified private activity bond in form 1099- Div.  You must enter the ordinary dividends on box 1a and qualified dividends on box 1b. To enter the Tax-exempt interest and Specified private activity bond interest in Turbo Tax:

• In Federal, jump to 1099-Div and click add.
  • Click Change how i enter my form.
  • "How to you want to add 1099-Div", click type it myself.
  • Scroll down and check the box in "My form has information in other boxes (this is uncommon)
  • Enter on line 11 the Tax-Exempt interest and Specified Private activity bond interest on line 12.

My TurboTax Smart Check came up with an "error": Schedule B -- Form 1099-DIV: PVT act bond int amount should be less than or equal to Box 10($0.00) amount on 1099.

The Box 10 is Noncash liquidation distributions and is 0.0.  The line 12 is a positive amount.  How can this be fixed?

Thanks 

Lew L.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

@lewleib  You need to delete the zero in box 10.  Box 10 should be blank.

@lewleib   It is box 11 that must be greater ( or equal) to box 12

@RobertB4444 

At least in the Desktop software, the "text" in the error is referring to the WRONG Box.   (probably a carryover set of text from years ago when the 1099-DIV did use box 10 for exempt-dividends).  Not sure what the Online software says

It isn't box 10 that is the problem, it is Box 11.

Please Report this to the software folks

1099DIV_Box10_error.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks @RobertB4444 

and @SteamTrain .  

That helped.  The problem, in part, seems to be my LPL 1099 wasn't fully downloaded. It didn't enter the box 10 - 12 correctly.  I will need to check each entry in the future.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies