Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EIN for 1099

I have a non-grantor Trust. The non-grantor Trust is the sole member of a Holding Company. The Holding Company is the sole member of an Operating Company. Both the Holding Company and the Operating Company are disregarded entities. A 1099 will be issued for work that will be done by the Operating Company. What EIN do I give for the 1099 (EIN of the Trust, Holding Company, or Operating Company)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

EIN for 1099

@edsondt wrote:

What EIN do I give for the 1099 (EIN of the Trust, Holding Company, or Operating Company)?

If the Operating Company is receiving the revenue from the payer for the work done, provide the EIN that was issued to the Operating company.

View solution in original post

EIN for 1099

Thank you for your reply. Would the IRS be able to match the 1099 if the issuer is using the EIN of the Operating Company, but the one filing for the taxes is the Trust (the Operating Company is a disregarded entity, so taxes flow to the Holding Company; the Holding Company is a disregarded entity, so taxes flow to the Trust)?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

EIN for 1099

@edsondt wrote:

What EIN do I give for the 1099 (EIN of the Trust, Holding Company, or Operating Company)?

If the Operating Company is receiving the revenue from the payer for the work done, provide the EIN that was issued to the Operating company.

EIN for 1099

Thank you for your reply. Would the IRS be able to match the 1099 if the issuer is using the EIN of the Operating Company, but the one filing for the taxes is the Trust (the Operating Company is a disregarded entity, so taxes flow to the Holding Company; the Holding Company is a disregarded entity, so taxes flow to the Trust)?

EIN for 1099

When you got EIN numbers for disregarded entities your SS# or the trust's EIN had to be listed as the responsible party so the IRS will look for the income on your personal return or the trust return.  

EIN for 1099

IRS no longer allows the Responsible Party in the SS-4 to be another entity. IRS now requires the responsible party to be a person.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies