turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Anyone else have an issue with importing 1099-INT from Chase Bank?

Ok... was finally able to solve the problem.

Called J P MORGAN SECURITIES [phone number removed] for the Chase Managed account, and the technical support person created an identification code and passed to me via phone. Note: use J P Morgan Securities as the institution for the managed account instead of Chase if that's the 1099 you are trying to import.

Hope next year they solve this issue.

TM4
Level 2

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Anyone else have an issue with importing 1099-INT from Chase Bank?

I am also having this problem.  For all the JP Morgan & Chase institutions an ID code must be entered, but when clicking the ID code generation link it takes me to my bank's login page (which is not displaying any type of ID code), and even after logging into my bank's page there is still no ID code.  My 1099's must be imported because the transactions are too extensive to manually enter.  TurboTax has a responsibility to resolve this.  If not I will not be using TurboTax & will request a refund.

TM4
Level 2

Thank you for contacting TurboTax about this.   I am having the exact same problem.

mjp0206

I was told to use JPMorgan Private Bank- consolidated for the institution as I had done in previous years but all it would download were my basic checking and saving 1099 INT forms. It would not recognize any of my brokerage acct numbers and no one seems to know how to fix it!

@ mjp0206 wrote:

I was told to use JPMorgan Private Bank- consolidated for the institution as I had done in previous years but all it would download were my basic checking and saving 1099 INT forms. It would not recognize any of my brokerage acct numbers and no one seems to know how to fix it!

Have you also tried the other J.P. Morgan/Chase import partners, too, just in case?    It may not help any, but you will have excluded them.     I don't know all the intricate differences between all of them.   One user reported above he had to use J.P. Morgan Securities for his Chase managed account.   

When searching for the institution, note there is something weird in the list.   For instance, JP Morgan Private Bank-Consolidated has no periods, while J.P. Morgan Funds, J.P. Morgan Securities, and J.P. Morgan Private Bank (not consolidated) all have periods.   I mention it not because it affects importing, but it affects about whether or not they are easily found and displayed in the dropdown list.  I at first wasn't finding the other J.P. Morgan companies until I tried with periods.

If anyone is still having an issue with this for brokerage and managed accounts, try using "Chase Investments," and getting an identification code from https://secure05c.chase.com/web/auth/?LOB=TurboTaxLogon. This should be the page linked from within Turbo Tax, and I can't believe that it's still wrong in the software. 

I had same issue today July-09. With suggested link, I am able to import it. Thanks for sharing correct link. It was a breeze. 

I tried calling JP morgan securities by phone to get code. That didn't work either. After spending 3 days, finally I found this post that resolved issue in few mins. Thanks once again.

Thank you so much. I got the secret code using the link and I used the "J.P. Morgan Securities" selection in TurboTax and I got all the documents downloaded into Turbotax in a couple minutes. I had been working on this for days and trying everything. Thank you again.

rdog
Returning Member

I am having the same issue. Has anyone found workarounds? Taxes are due in two days.

And please don't tell me to unplug my computer and plug it back in - I've done this sort of thing hundreds of times before...

Did you try the link in the posting from Harmonie, just up a couple postings? I used it and got the code that allowed me to download all my tax files into TurboTax.

rdog
Returning Member

Not sure if I should trust random links in a forum. How does TurboTax miss basic stuff like this?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Be sure to select the right financial institution or brokerage from the list. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the wrong First National Bank, you won't be able to import.

You can import up to 1,500 transactions from your financial institution in TurboTax Online.

Go here to see how to take a picture of your 1099-MISC in the mobile app.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rdog
Returning Member

Do you have step by step instructions with screenshots on how to import my Chase 1099s? I'm already doing the obvious thing and it's not working.

Random2

Yes, I am having this problem as well. Using J.P Morgan doesnt work. I have a standard chase checking/savings account and i want it to import my 1099-INT. why is that hard?

zli0

I could still not import banks, such as bank of america and TD Ameritrade. Any suggestion?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies