turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

n-lodola

Can I complete my 1099 from uber with a rented vehicle? I only saw the options own or lease. But I don't lease, I rent.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I complete my 1099 from uber with a rented vehicle? I only saw the options own or lease. But I don't lease, I rent.

Yes, you can still complete your return with Form 1099 from Uber.  You will enter your income, but when you get to the vehicle expenses section, you will choose "This vehicle isn't mine." You will be limited in the type of vehicle expenses you can claim since the vehicle is not yours (you can still claim things like gas and any insurance you have to pay).  But, you can claim the expenses of actually renting the vehicle under the Equipment Rental Expense section instead (it may be found under the Less Common expenses section).  

daa
Level 3

where do i enter car rental expenses for uber in tt home & biz?  i saw similar q&as on the community that seem to contradict.. they say enter under rental expenses but when i click that section is says do not include vehicle rental expenses, i also saw answers advising to enter under business travel expenses which does include rental car expenses on list of examples.  please advise which is the correct way to enter.  thank you in advance!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies