turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

srabble

I live in VA and own a rental property in Washington DC. The Washington DC tax form had no place for me to show income. How do I report my rental income to Washington DC?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

I live in VA and own a rental property in Washington DC. The Washington DC tax form had no place for me to show income. How do I report my rental income to Washington DC?

No you will not need to file a DC state return related to your DC rental property. You are not required to file a DC return if you are a nonresident of DC unless you are claiming a refund of DC taxes withheld.

Just report the DC rental income on your VA resident state income tax return.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DS30

No you will not need to file a DC state return related to your DC rental property. You are not required to file a DC return if you are a nonresident of DC unless you are claiming a refund of DC taxes withheld.

Just report the DC rental income on your VA resident state income tax return.

chuck-d

Answer is incomplete. If your gross rental income exceeds $12,000, you need to file DC Form D-30,  
Unincorporated Business Franchise Tax Return.
Sharonoldman
Returning Member

It seems that Turbotax does not include the DC-30 form with the DC State that I downloaded.  I wonder why not? 

TomD8
Level 15

@Sharonoldman -- TurboTax does not support DC Form D-30.  There is a fill-in form available on the DC website:

https://otr.cfo.dc.gov/node/1516056

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Can you think of a reason there is not a fillable form for 2021 taxes? I cannot seem to find one. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies