turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Brandon_G

Order Confirmation

I have been charged $110 for both TURBOTAX ONLINE DELUXE TAX YEAR 2019 PREP and

TURBOTAX ONLINE STATE CA TAX YEAR 2019 PREP even though neither service was in the used. As when I see my order details it shows a different total.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Order Confirmation

You need to please explain more.  You mentioned the Federal and state returns you were charged for and said you didn't use them.  Then you mentioned your order detail, but didn't say what products you used, what the "different total" is that you are seeing, and whether you have already paid/filed.

It sounds like you were charged for Online Deluxe.   Did you use Online Deluxe to prepare Federal and state returns?  

Here are the typical fees in that edition:

Deluxe Federal return  $60

State return  $50

Optional--pay fees out of the Federal refund:  $40 service fee ($45 for California filers, where it is bundled as "Premium Services.)

Are you being charged the extra $45  for "Premium Services" for choosing to pay your fees out of your Federal refund?  If so, that optional payment method can be removed prior to filing, and then you can pay upfront with credit/debit card to avoid the $45 fee.   We can tell you how to do that.

Have you already paid/filed?

Or check your fees this way:

• Go to the left menu column and click on Tax Tools then Tools.
  • In the Tools window, choose My Fees.

Order Confirmation

ADDENDUM:

Why are you saying you "didn't use" the Deluxe Federal and state returns you were charged for?    Did you start out in Free Edition and had to upgrade to Deluxe?  If so, you didn't mention anything in your question about using Free Edition.   If that's your situation, we can tell you some options you might have to use the other free product.  I still will need to know if you have already paid/filed or not.

Brandon_G

Order Confirmation

Sorry for explaining properly.  Originally I started out using the Deluxe Edition,  that along with the State return gave me a total of $110. However after going to the IRS website, that provided a link to make the total fee zero. 

I didn't file when the total was $110, but rather with the total of zero. When looking at the details of my transaction, it shows both the State and Federal returns to be zero.

Order Confirmation

@Brandon_G wrote:

Sorry for explaining properly.  Originally I started out using the Deluxe Edition,  that along with the State return gave me a total of $110. However after going to the IRS website, that provided a link to make the total fee zero. 

I didn't file when the total was $110, but rather with the total of zero. When looking at the details of my transaction, it shows both the State and Federal returns to be zero.

I'm still not sure what it is that you are wanting to know.   In neither of your postings (the original or the followup) did you actually ask a question.    Has your credit/debit card actually been charged $110 or not?  Or once you saw you were going to be charged, before paying anything did you go to the special IRS-linked TurboTax website (TurboTax IRS Free File Program) and successfully filed for free?

If you successfully filed from the TurboTax IRS Free File Program, there are no fees in that product at its special website.

Or are you saying you actually completed payment for the $110 for Online Deluxe but didn't file it, and then used the free product instead?  And if s,o are you saying that your credit/debit card was thus charged $110 by mistake for Deluxe?

Did you end up using the TurboTax IRS Free File Program at its special website?

https://freefile.intuit.com/

Is that the product you used?

The TurboTax IRS Free File Program can be used if you meet ONE of these qualifications:

• Your 2019 AGI is $36,000 or less (for Married Filing Jointly returns, combined AGI of both spouses cannot be over that limit),  or
      • You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
      • In 2019, you served as active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a maximum AGI of $69,000, and you have a military-issued W-2.

Is that what you ultimately used to actually file the return?  If so, then your order details should not have any charges.  So maybe I'm not understanding what you are wanting to know.   More clarification is needed and an actual question, please.

If your credit/debit card account has actually been charged; i.e., if the charge went through and you have actually paid for Online Deluxe at $110,  I'll tell you how to phone the folks at TurboTax Support so you can discuss the fee issue with them and let them figure out in a realtime conversation what you are experiencing.   They are the only ones who can troubleshoot and correct any fee issues, if needed.

Brandon_G

Order Confirmation

Sorry again. Your second paragraph pretty much is spot on. The payment was completed for the $110 for Online Deluxe but didn't file with it, but rather used the free product instead found at https://freefile.intuit.com/ 

Leaving the card being charged by mistake.

My card was charged and I have paid for Online deluxe even though it wasn't used or intended. I used the free product instead to file. If you could let me know how to phone into Support to discuss the fee issue.

I again apologize for not being very clear, I thank you for your time.

Order Confirmation

Since you paid for Deluxe, you do qualify for phone support.  Here's how to phone Customer Support for your fee issue.  Be sure to tell them that you actually filed the return using the TurboTax IRS Free File program (don't call it "Free Edition" which is a different product; be sure to call it the TurboTax IRS Free File Program).

Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

If you use the contact form, you would indicate you are using Online TurboTax.

Then for the edition, say "Deluxe" because that is what you paid for. (The Free Edition shown there is not the same as TurboTax IRS Free File Program.   If you say "Free Edition" it won't allow phone support.)

For the issue line just say "billing issue" or "fee issue" without quotes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies