Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my federal and state but I don't know if I did my school and city

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TurboTax only prepares a few city or local tax returns as an extra step in your state return.  For most local tax returns you are on your own.  Your only record of paying your local tax will be your own bank/credit card records

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899325-which-city-tax-returns-can-i-do-in-the-turbotax-state-prog...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Hal_Al
Level 15

What state?

TurboTax (TT) does not automatically prepare an Ohio School District return, you must initiate it.

At the screen, in the Ohio program, titled  "A few things before we wrap up your state taxes"
      scroll down to School District taxes. 
Or later at the screen  "Your 2020 Ohio Taxes are ready for us to check"
    -Click Other situations
    -Scroll down to School District taxes.

Look to see if you have a form SD 100 on your list of Ohio forms. Usually  the School District return  is e-filed with the state return, but there are exceptions. Read the Ohio 'filing instructions" that TurboTax prepares, They will tell you if the SD100 was e-filed or if you have to mail it.

Likewise, TurboTax (TT) does not automatically prepare a city return, you must initiate it. At the screen, in the Ohio program, titled 
 "A few things before we wrap up your state taxes"
      scroll down to Ohio City taxes. 
Or, later
"Your 2020 Ohio Taxes are ready for us to check"
    -Click Other situations
    -Scroll down to Ohio City taxes. 

TT cannot e-file an Ohio City or RITA return. It must be printed and mailed.

I actually find it easier to fill out a city return by hand or at the city, CCA or RITA web site, than to use TT. Things don't happen automatically and you need to know what you’re doing. The actual  RITA/city forms are easier to follow than the TT interview..

http://www.ritaohio.com/

http://www.ccatax.ci.cleveland.oh.us/

TurboTax can only do RITA & CCA cities.  But many  Ohio cities use neither agency. These cities design their own forms and require you to use them.  You can get paper copies from the individual city. Most are available at the city’s web site. Many cities will prepare the tax return for you, but you have to go to city hall in person. Some may have on line filing (try the city web site). Although they won't usually admit it, some will even accept CCA forms. So you could try filling out a CCA form on TurboTax and mailing it to your city.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies