Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My wife receives a College Tuition and Fee waiver, she will not receive a 1098T. Can I deduct the cost of textbooks, transportation, and other supplies used for school?

Since we will not receive a 1098t I want to verify whether I can still deduct the cost of textbooks, transportation, and other school supplies I had to purchase for my wife.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wife receives a College Tuition and Fee waiver, she will not receive a 1098T. Can I deduct the cost of textbooks, transportation, and other supplies used for school?

Yes, you will go to same area under Deductions and Credits to Education to 1098-T area.

You will enter this area and say you have no 1098T and then enter the costs of the books and supplies for school.

The transportation to and from school is not an expense you can enter for the credit. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you will go to same area under Deductions and Credits to Education to 1098-T area.

You will enter this area and say you have no 1098T and then enter the costs of the books and supplies for school.

The transportation to and from school is not an expense you can enter for the credit. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies