Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a Realtor and I have a new single-member TX Series LLC that I manage multiple businesses under - including another non-Series LLC

I use the non-Series LLC as management company for my Series LLc (I flip/remodel/build houses -- each property is held as its own Series until sold) and I handle Real Estate and mortgage transactions; no rentals. My RE business is 1099'ed to me personally. Both LLC's are single-member, so basically, sole-prop.

Can I just lump all of my expenses under the non-Series LLC and do 1 Sch C for all?

Or do I need to separate Sch C for each LLC - and one for my RE business (3 total)?

In years past, I had a CA LLC for my flips and then did my RE deals as sole-prop - filing 2 Sch C's. But now that I have the TX LLC managing everything, wondering if that would be more-likely to create an audit situation (to make sure I'm not double-dipping)?

Most of my expenses for Office, Transportation, M&E, Marketing, etc. all blend together. I started to break-out expenses (both itemizing individual M&E's and halving things like Office Supplies/Cell Phone/Website) for each, but it's time consuming and I may be creating more audit risk.

Anyone have a similar experience? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

I am a Realtor and I have a new single-member TX Series LLC that I manage multiple businesses under - including another non-Series LLC

The Series LLC is relatively new and complex entity.  I recommend you consult a local tax profession and or attorney with experience dealing with Series LLCs.   The tax treatment of Series LLCs and series by both the IRS and state tax departments is somewhat unclear.  States do not have uniform and consistent tax guidelines. In some states a Series LLC is one taxable entity. In others, they are viewed as multiple taxable entities. As for the federal income tax treatment, the IRS has not issued final rules on the subject.  This is something you need to get right from the beginning.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies