zenisnotchosen

It keeps asking for my 1098-T Wks (University of Arizona), but I don't have one.

ChrisJ

You'll need to delete any education profiles you've already created, then: 

1. Go to Federal Taxes - then Deductions & Credits
  2. Go to Education - Start/Revisit Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T)
  3. Edit/Add Another Student
  4. TurboTax will ask: 'Did (your name) get a 1098-T for this year?' Answer: No
  5. 'OK, let’s see if you qualify for an exception' I qualify for an exception
  6. (enter each [if multiple] school profile, tuition paid, employer/veteran's assistance)
patel_mayank

For 2021 tax return I no longer claim my Son as dependent. I started my return by importing last year's turbotax file. And I deleted my son as a dependent, yet, I continue to get asked "Tell us which person was a student in 2021?" (gives option of my wife and I). OR it asks this when I started the return all over again - "Select the student - For which family member was 1098-T, Tuition statement from University of Texas at Austin received? Again gives names only for my wife and I. Basically there is no option to delete the form completely or not select either names as this form is no longer valid. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hal_Al

Press continue and skip the education interview. 

ErnieS0

TurboTax probably imported a blank Form 1098-T since you had one last year @patel_mayank.

If you are using TurboTax Online:

1. Tap Tax Tools in the left column
  2. Then Tools
  3. Choose Delete a Form in the center box
  4. Find Form 1098-T Wks and Delete
  5. Tap Continue With My Return at the bottom
patel_mayank

thanks! I used desktop version of TT2021. I ended up deleting 1098-T. Figuring out how to delete the form was the challenge. (I found it in View -> Go To Forms and searched up 1098-T by clicking on Errors, then removed it by going to Forms -> Remove Form 1098-T)