turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It keeps asking for my 1098-T Wks (University of Arizona), but I don't have one.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ChrisJ

It keeps asking for my 1098-T Wks (University of Arizona), but I don't have one.

You'll need to delete any education profiles you've already created, then: 

1. Go to Federal Taxes - then Deductions & Credits
  2. Go to Education - Start/Revisit Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T)
  3. Edit/Add Another Student
  4. TurboTax will ask: 'Did (your name) get a 1098-T for this year?' Answer: No
  5. 'OK, let’s see if you qualify for an exception' I qualify for an exception
  6. (enter each [if multiple] school profile, tuition paid, employer/veteran's assistance)
patel_mayank
Returning Member

For 2021 tax return I no longer claim my Son as dependent. I started my return by importing last year's turbotax file. And I deleted my son as a dependent, yet, I continue to get asked "Tell us which person was a student in 2021?" (gives option of my wife and I). OR it asks this when I started the return all over again - "Select the student - For which family member was 1098-T, Tuition statement from University of Texas at Austin received? Again gives names only for my wife and I. Basically there is no option to delete the form completely or not select either names as this form is no longer valid. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hal_Al
Level 15

Press continue and skip the education interview. 

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

TurboTax probably imported a blank Form 1098-T since you had one last year @patel_mayank.

If you are using TurboTax Online:

1. Tap Tax Tools in the left column
  2. Then Tools
  3. Choose Delete a Form in the center box
  4. Find Form 1098-T Wks and Delete
  5. Tap Continue With My Return at the bottom
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
patel_mayank
Returning Member

thanks! I used desktop version of TT2021. I ended up deleting 1098-T. Figuring out how to delete the form was the challenge. (I found it in View -> Go To Forms and searched up 1098-T by clicking on Errors, then removed it by going to Forms -> Remove Form 1098-T)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies