Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

teedang

you cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit electronic filing center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Federal corporation tax returns from the beginning of the tax season to the end o f tax season

What was the error?

you cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit electronic filing center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Federal corporation tax returns from the beginning of the tax season to the end o f tax season

I was able to file my Federal taxes by not trying to file my State taxes at the same time. I received the error message when I tried to file my Federal and State taxes at the same time. I was able to file my Federal taxes by choosing to only file them and not the State Taxes. So the Federal taxes are now filed on time and I will file my state taxes later and still on time.

You are correct.  You can file your state and federal tax returns separately, but due to a security measure, if you want to file separately the federal return has to be accepted by the IRS first.  Here are some tips for you and anyone else that would like to have this information:

Here are two ways to skip your state in TurboTax Online:

1. Delete your state return, file your federal return now, and then come back later re-do your state return; or
  2. Pay for both your federal and state returns now, and when you get to the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select the File by mail button and click the I'm not ready to file radio button below your state and click save.

Method 1 doesn't require up-front payment for your state, but you'll have to re-enter your state information. Method 2 saves the work you did on your state return but requires up-front payment.

@denis-oneil

willsc01

Why can't file electronically.  I know others that submitted with no problems

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please clarify your question with more information. Where are you seeing you can't file electronically?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
willsc01

When I attempt to file electronically I get the message"Turbo Tax  unable to send your return to the Intuit Electronic Filing Center for t he. following reason. Refund Transfer payment method isn't available right now.  I know others that file with no problem.    

Is the problem mine or Turbo Tax?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

It sounds like you're attempting to pay your TurboTax fees using Pay with Refund.  Please make sure your federal refund amount is sufficient to cover your TurboTax fees.  If it is, sign out of your account and clear your browser's cache and cookies, then sign back in. 

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software, check for updates or manually update the software using the instructions in the following Help Article:  Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe ... - Intuit

@willsc01 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies