turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

you cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit electronic filing center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Federal corporation tax returns from the beginning of the tax season to the end o f tax season

Crytstal7, Thank you so much for all of the time you spent to sort this out! 🙂 And for clarifying the "unsupported" tag on the 8453-S.

you cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit electronic filing center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Federal corporation tax returns from the beginning of the tax season to the end o f tax season

Thanks everyone. I have had the same problem and have just been refreshing this thread in hopes to a fix or an understanding. I thought about mailing my return but will wait to see how this pans out.

I am having the same problem on my S-Corp filing.

OMG THANK YOU CRYSTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1120S Error Message on Transmit for 2019 Returns- Intuit Filing Center Not Open

When trying to file my 1120S for 2019 on Jan 27 2020 -- I received an error message that the Intuit Filing Center is not yet open for the tax season.  When I called -- had to be transferred and then on hold for quite a long time to be told the filing center for 1120S will not open until February 3, 2020.  

The software didn't give any error messages that forms were not ready -- Intuit has dropped the ball on this one.

Thought this post might help others as I searched and searched while on hold with Intuit and found nothing to help answer my question.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/1[product key removed]ge-on-transmit-for-2019-ret...

thank you VERY much for the excellent reply. i agree with you. within 72 hours or so we should all be good to go.... patience is a virtue?!

wills1970

Let me save all of you the aggravation of doing as they are suggesting here.  I have been trying to submit my sub-chapter S for 4 days now.  I tried the customer service route, if that is what you can call it.  The person I got sounded like they were in their kitchen wearing their pajamas.  I got the feeling that they have never even used the software for which they should be experts on.  Their suggestion was that I just keep hitting the submit button and maybe it will go through one of the times.....   I have tried off and on at different times of the day with the same negative result and no response from anyone at Intuit as to why this is happening.  Personal taxes flew through with no problem, so why is the business side hanging up?  Seriously thinking of using H&R next year if this is the kind of service we can expect from these guys........  for $150 I would expect a lot better.

@ wills1970 and @ WoodyOne4U  and others:

This might explain what some of you are experiencing:

We've been told the IRS just approved a lot of forms related to business returns today (1/28).  Some are not yet available in TurboTax and will be in this week's update.   Wait until Friday, January 31, then update and try to file. 

TIP:   And on Friday, do not try it right after it turns Midnight that morning.   Wait until later in the day, i.e., during normal business hours on Friday, before trying.  Be sure that day to get the latest updates for your software prior to filing.

See this new FAQ on this issue:

FAQ:  Why am I not able to efile my TurboTax business return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-turbotax-business-r...

Although business efiling can start on 1/31/2020, a few specific forms may not be available until early February.  Check with these FAQs:

FAQ:  Federal forms availability table for TurboTax Business Edition

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-planning-and-deadlines/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-t...

FAQ: State business forms availability in Business Edition
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-business/00...

THANK YOU FOR THAT UPDATE!!!😁

@ cajungirl337 wrote:

THANK YOU FOR THAT UPDATE!!!😁

You're welcome.   While most business forms will be updated and allow efiling on January 31, there is a small handful that won't be ready until early February.   You can look up projected dates for your forms in the following availability tables.

First choose the type of business return--corporation, S-corp, partnership, etc.,  and it will show  you expected availability dates.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-planning-and-deadlines/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-t...

FAQ: State business forms availability in Business Edition
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-business/00...

Same message as if 1/29/2020

Turbotax has no clue what is going on, if they can not provide us with a date I will have to request a refund.

Apparently, a representative said Feb 5th

Also, through research I do not believe it has anything to do with with for 8453-s or with the irs forms availability 

@ Edouglas  wrote:

Same message as if 1/29/2020

Turbotax has no clue what is going on, if they can not provide us with a date I will have to request a refund.

Apparently, a representative said Feb 5th

Also, through research I do not believe it has anything to do with with for 8453-s or with the irs forms availability 

I provided a new FAQ higher up in this thread yesterday and will post it again below.   Business returns in general can start being efiled on 1/31/2020.   The IRS provided some final forms this week, and a TurboTax update will come out Friday.   Wait until daylight business hours on 1/31 and then update your software. 

Even then, there are a few specific forms that won't be available until early February.  I'll tell you how to look the dates up of those forms below.

New  FAQ:  Why am I not able to efile my TurboTax business return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-turbotax-business-r...

And although business efiling in general starts on 1/31/2020,  a small number of forms affecting "some" users may not be available until early February.  Here's how to check on availability dates of specific forms.  First choose the type of return (corporation, S-corp, partnership, etc.)

FAQ: State business forms availability in Business Edition:

fred20

I am on hold with CS now for the same problem and I am a C-Corp. 

Howard G

Thanks to all for the very helpful info on filing Sub S- tried to file last Fri Jan 24 and have been getting the same message daily. The link shows the 8453-S is 'unsupported', and therefore I have to print the return and cannot file electronically. IS THAT CORRECT? (And, why the change from the last 10 years?)

Terence23

The filing is open for individual taxes ( I just filed). See IRS announcement

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/irs-announces-e-file-open-day-be-the-first-in-line-for-you...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies