turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

you cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit electronic filing center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Federal corporation tax returns from the beginning of the tax season to the end o f tax season

Terence23 - This thread is about business taxes - e.g., Turbotax Business.   Personal taxes is not the concern here.

you cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit electronic filing center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Federal corporation tax returns from the beginning of the tax season to the end o f tax season

What is the PROBLEM ???

E-filing will be available ONLY when the IRS approved forms are ready.

If you're in such a RUSH, print the forms and mail by MARCH 15, 2020.

That gives you anxious sorts another SIX weeks to complain about something that DOESN"T matter.

USE A STAMP & get over it !!!!

You're a special kind of person aren't you?  Maybe we paid for a service and would like to be able to use it... maybe we need the tax returns submitted electronically for closing on a house, maybe we are leaving the country, etc.  Regardless, we have received emails and updates for TT saying that it is ready, the forms are ready, yet each time we receive these emails/updates it doesn't submit. So while you say ONLY when the IRS forms are ready... well they are, so your statement is irrelevant. Please move along now. Thanks!

BTW I was able to file this morning. Yay!

Filed my 1120-S !!

TT is the BEST.!!!!

zman1234

***I GOT IT TO WORK***I had this same error for the last week.  I just tried it again today and got the same error.  But here is what I did to get it to work.   I was trying to file my federal and state (TX) franchise tax form at the same time.  I changed two things, I'm not sure which one got it to work.  I deleted and re-uploaded the signature form 8453-PE (when you click to efile your taxes it asks you if you want to re-upload it).  I also unchecked the box to efile my state return at the same time.  Then it accepted my federal efile perfectly.  Not sure if that will work for everyone else, but it worked for me.

I did the same two things and TT e-filed my federal return.  My state return is also TX, which isn't open for e-file yet.

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Here is the link for Forms Availability. It looks like the Texas State Forms will be available 2/14/2020.

Business Forms Availability w/State Availability Links

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Got the same message while trying to file my Federal and State Taxes at the same time...as prompted by Business Turbo Tax. Talked with a Support agent and he did a bit of checking and discovered that Texas State tax forms would not be available until 2/14. So as an experiment I selected only Federal Tax Report for e-file and it went through successfully. Will wait until 2/14 to see if a forms update will be available for the State return.

I am still not getting this to work :( 

@zman1234  - where is the "uncheck box to efile state" ?

I have option to [file federal only], but do not see a place to uncheck State

turbotax error 2.jpg

Thanks !

Same issue this year...

broccoliTheCat
Returning Member

This issue is ongoing for me....I've been on "chat" with someone on TurboTax life for over an hour now, waiting while they check in with me every 20 minutes to let me know why I am not able to e-file. Tried filing fed only, saving state for later and it still won't let me e-file. Waiting, waiting.....

broccoliTheCat
Returning Member

Turbotax help has just now told me that can't see a reason why I can't e-file so I will just have to print and mail my return. Wow.

**** IT WORKED ***

I hit the button to file today, Feb 13, and it worked like a charm!!

I believe we had to wait until the day after for some reason.

broccoliTheCat
Returning Member

Glad it worked for you. I ended up finding a super minor error that needed correcting on my own (Turbotax kept telling me the error check turned up zero errors). THEN I was able to submit my taxes for e-file. Hope everyone else has an easier time!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies