turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pat-accrv

What turbo tax is used for an llc partnership

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

To prepare a Form 1065 partnership return for a multi-member LLC you have to use TurboTax Business (which is not the same as TurboTax Home & Business). TurboTax Business is available only as CD or download software, and only for Windows. Go to the following link for more information about TurboTax Business, and to purchase it.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

TurboTax Business cannot prepare your personal Form 1040 tax return, and none of the personal editions of TurboTax can prepare a Form 1065 partnership return.

vroth80538
Returning Member

Since Business cannot prepare personal but all forms flow to personal return, can I import business forms into personal turbotax software to complete and file?

@vroth80538 wrote:

Since Business cannot prepare personal but all forms flow to personal return, can I import business forms into personal turbotax software to complete and file?

No.  The tax data file from the Business Edition cannot be transferred to one of the personal editions.  And a tax data file from one of the personal editions cannot be transferred to the Business Edition.

vroth80538
Returning Member

Then how does one file a full return, electronically?

You can efile a Business return and a personal return.  What exactly is your question?  You will get a K-1 or W2 from the business return that you have to manually enter into your personal return.  So you have to prepare the business return first.

vroth80538
Returning Member

Apologies if the question wasn't clear. Guess I'll be more specific.

I haven't used turbotax since owning multiple LLCs and one S-corp as I used a CPA firm but when I used previously, I just clicked 'file' for federal and then state and I'm done. Now, I have business for businesses and home and business for personal and just wasn't sure how to file it all. 

vroth80538
Returning Member

And, btw besides w2 employment, I own the partnership LLCs and S-corp so I am creating K-1s, 1065s, 1120, etc. so I need to prepare everything.

Where are you stuck?  Have you started filling out the returns?  After you prepare the returns by entering all your info it will take you through Review and then the File tab.  Should be pretty straightforward.

Did ,you get the Business program installed?  Start a new return, go up to File-New.

JasmineIsok
Returning Member

If I have a personal intuit account to file my taxes via turbotax and now I have a multi-member llc in which my partners and I want to use turbotax's business platform to file our 1065, can I buy the business software under my turbo tax account or do me and my partners have to create a separate intuit account to file our 1065? I just don't want to have bought the software under my personal intuit account and not be able to use it for the partnership that I am a part of. Please advise. 

Yes you can buy it using your account.   Or from anywhere.  

You need to buy Turbo Tax Business, not to be confused with the personal Home & Business version. TT Business is not available to do online or on a Mac. You can buy the Windows Desktop program here,
https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes

Window System Requirements
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

JasmineIsok
Returning Member

Thank you. So to clarify, even though I use my intuit account to buy the business software, it will file the 1065 for me and my partners' llc and will deliver K1s to us at finish?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies