Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (business name): Activity name has entries for certain deductions...expenses are not yet supported. This will be enabled in a subs rel." Help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

"Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (business name): Activity name has entries for certain deductions...expenses are not yet supported. This will be enabled in a subs rel." Help?

The message has to do with the Qualified Business Income Deduction. (QBID).  Forms 8995 and 8995-A, the forms used to to calculate the amount of QBID, are not final yet.  TurboTax will update the program after the IRS finalizes their instructions.  After that update you should see the QBID on your tax return and you will be able to file.

For current information on forms availability, please click on this link:  Federal forms availability   [Note:  Forms 8995 and 8995-A might appear at the bottom of the list, not necessarily in numerical order.]

jvsanford

The forms are now available. How long will it take Turbo Tax to update so my return will process?

I still can't get past this problem, either.  Can I get an update on when this will be fixed?

mcox-ipro

My Form 8995 and the QBI worksheets are all complete.  The error in TT Deluxe for Win highlight the business name field, which contains correct info, and won't allow any changes anyway.  I can't efile until this is fixed!  Any new information, corrections, fixed from TT?

I worked with TT's support to fix the problem. I had to remove the K-1 entirely by deleting it and then put it all back in again. Worked a treat. Kudos to Jose from TT for helping me with the issue.

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Yes, as suggested above, please try deleting the K-1 Form and any related Worksheets and re-entering the information.

To delete a form:  

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

If you are using a Desktop version of TurboTax, please try a manual update of your software. Here is a link that will walk you through the process:  Manual Update

If that does not work, please contact the Help Desk to speak with an Agent.  Here is a link with more details and contact information:  Contact Information

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies