Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Message about changes to Form 3800 not being finished

The release dates for several forms were recently extended. The estimated date of release for forms affecting Schedule C e-file is February 28, 2024. We recommend waiting until the day after, then updating TurboTax (if using Desktop), and try your entries again.

You can confirm the release date of Form 3800 using this tool: Forms Availability Table

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When I check the forms availability table it states that form 3800 is available -- yet I still get the message in Turbo Tax that form 3800 is not available. It tells me that it will be available on February 16, despite my software being up to date. 

Erasmo32

I saw that form 3800 was not ready but it allowed me to efile the 1120-S with a loss.  Do you know if I have to re-file ones the 3800 is ready? 

Thanks  

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

If you had no errors on final Review and e-filed successfully without Form 3800, then you shouldn't need to file an amended return. It's possible your company didn't qualify for the General Business Credit. The IRS will let you know if there's a change in your taxable income.

@Erasmo32 

EFS1
Level 1

It says that Form 3800 is available on the table, but when working on taxes, it says it is not quite ready yet.

I would just like a straight answer and a correct date. Yes, I did run an update.  

@PatriciaV  I'm filing the 1065 Partnership and I'm stuck at the General Business Area Credit (Form 8300). I have no business credit this year but I do have a carryover from prior years. This is not for the Schedule C. 

The form availability page (https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_fed_windows_partne...) shows the form is available. On Turbo Tax desktop screen it says it will be ready 2/16/24. Today is 2/18/24. I already updated my software so it's UP TO DATE. Nothing has changed. The same message appears. Please advise.

form 3800 available.jpgGeneral Business Credit Screen.jpg

I do find a 2023 form 3800 on IRS today. It was not visible a couple of days ago, only as a draft. I find the instructions are listed as issued, I do not see the form listed as available, though it is showing as a PDF. 

I would think it will flow to through to TT shortly ,though the K-1 mess gives me concern.

June YW
Returning Member

Does Form 3800 apply to S corp? 

Thanks

Yes. 3800 applies to S corps. Google form 3800 instructions 2024

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes. Form 3800 covers the General Business Credit, which does apply to all businesses. Not all will qualify, but the credit is tested in all business returns.

Although the Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Business indicates that Form 3800 is ready for filing, there have been recent developments that required additional updates to the form. The revised Form 3800, General Business Credit, is estimated to be released on February 28, 2024. Update your software the next day, run Review again, then try your entries again.

@June YW 

I've seen 2/28 mentioned a couple times. Where are you seeing that? The link at the beginning of the thread shows it available.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/

Capture.JPG

Thanks, Joe.

The IRS has released the form online in PDF format. It is no longer an IRS draft. A more straight forward TT comment would explain the recent requirement changes and why it is IRS PDF available, but not TT available. Smoke screens do not help TT's reputation.

Now it is Feb 19th and the Form 3800 still isn't available on TT. I really need to get my taxes done as I am leaving the country. When will this form be available now? It is up on the IRS website as of three days ago. 

MT55
Level 2

Still waiting here also. Really need to get it done. Not just form 3800, TT was late on W-2s also and wouldn't let you print them out to manually file. I had to register at Gov't site to file W-2, was readily available there. For what they charge for the software compared to Personal TT, not impressed.

Screenshot_20240222_111348_Chrome.jpg

Bad news they pushed it back again. It did say 2/28 yesterday

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies