Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kalla25

Link schedule c

how to link schedule c to 1099
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Link schedule c

If it doesn't already exist in TurboTax,  it is best to create your Schedule C prior to entering your Form 1099 that you need to link.  Also, if you are filing a joint return, you need to make sure that the Schedule C and Form 1099 are both for the same spouse.  When you enter your Form 1099, there is a screen on which you will "Select the business that generated this income of $X,XXX".  Mare the correct business and click continue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SGALLE491

Link schedule c

I am married filing jointly. I received a 1099-NEC for contract work. I am using the online TurboTax Self-Employed version. Everything is entered correctly. I keep receiving an error when trying to e-file stating that I need to double click to link to schedule c. I have erased/deleted the entirety of the 1099-NEC multiple times and re-entered it. I am still receiving the same error. Can someone please advise me on how to proceed with e-filing?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Link schedule c

If you have linked the Form 1099-NEC to your Schedule C, and both are indicated as being yours (as opposed to your wife's) then I suggest you contact customer support, so that they can troubleshoot the problem with you real time, while being able to see what's on your screen.  To contact them start by clicking on What is the TurboTax Phone Number?

Another possibility is to switch to TurboTax Desktop.  For more information go to How do I switch from TurboTax CD/Download to TurboTax Online? Desktop give you the ability to view Forms, Schedules, and worksheets, and make changes directly on them, when using the Forms mode. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies