turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does STMT mean on a K1

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

It depends, but if STMT appears in Box 20, the statement that accompanies the K-1 will break down all of the codes and the amounts you will need to input into your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Do you know what STMT stand for?

Also, if STMT is on line 17 of K-1, how do you interpret it?

Thank you

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

STMT on a K-1 will typically mean that there is a Statement attached that will give you some additional information.

wrote: @Dmitry  

Also, if STMT is on line 17 of K-1, how do you interpret it?

Line 17 with a V code on your K-1 contains Section 199A information, which you can read more about at the link below (and you should have received a statement with your K-1; if not contact the issuer).

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-provision-11011-section-199a-qualified-business-i...

Thank you, John.

As soon as you said Statement, I "connected" the acronym STMT to this word.

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is true that the statement that accompanies the K-1 shows the code and amounts, but how are the entered into TurboTax? My K-1 shows code AH (other information) STMT, then on the statement there are multiple codes and amounts. It is not clear to me how TurboTax accounts for a statement. Any help would be great!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You can go to Box 20 in your K1 section of your Turbo Tax program and make as many entries as you like.  For an example you will select the drop down in the first box, enter code AH and amount. You would then go to the second box and do likewise. 

Although there are initially three 3 entries in Box 20, it will continue to add boxes and accommodate as many entries as necessary so that you will be able to enter all the codes and the amounts..

Newes
Returning Member

I have STMT appear in box 20 of the K-1. I have 3 items described that makeup Box 20. They are identified as Rental Income (loss) , W-2 wages and Unadjusted basis of assets. If I use the AH code for each of these they won't be specifically identified. Is that correct. What's the point? 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

These are the three components needed for a qualified business income deduction assuming that you have a gain on rental income and you qualify for the deduction.

This TurboTax help explains the entry of the AH codes in box 20.

I have a K-1 for rental real estate.  Box 20 has code Z and the statement has the items Rental Income and Unadjusted Basis of Assets.

After I enter those TT asks about section 199a income and there is a check box for the income but not for the assets.  There is a checkbox for UBIA of Qualified Property, that's not the same is it?  If not, where do I put the Unadjusted Basis of Assets?

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is the same. UBI=Unadjsted Basis Immediately After Acquisition. Go ahead and check that box and enter your amount.

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies