turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gbaby5

I want to jump to Schedule C form. I want to fill out Schedule C form myself without the automatic questions. Is this feature gone from 2021 TurboTax version? or how to

we were able to jump to forms on previous years.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I want to jump to Schedule C form. I want to fill out Schedule C form myself without the automatic questions. Is this feature gone from 2021 TurboTax version? or how to

Only the downloaded program has the FORMS mode  and it should  not to be used for direct line entries ( all entries in either program SHOULD be done thru the interview mode AKA step by step)  ... making entries in the forms mode could  void the accuracy and any overrides will keep you from efiling. 

If you want to save your work and move to the downloaded version follow these directions ... and FYI you only need the Deluxe version as it has all the same forms as the Home & Business version for less money ( you can use the Basic version if you don't need a state return). 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

The online version only uses the interview questions.  The Desktop program still has the Forms mode.  Did you use the Desktop CD/Download program before but now in the Online web version?  There are many differences.

If you used the Desktop program before you may not like the online version.  It has less features and no Forms Mode.  You can only do 1 return.  Your return is only saved online so be sure to save both the .tax2021 data file and the pdf file to your computer when you are done.  In case you need to amend in the future or if you need a copy to get a loan or something.  You might not be able to access your online return when you need a copy.

@Critter-3  in forms mode there are worksheets where the data is supposed to be entered. that transfers the entries to the actual forms. using the worksheets does not void the accuracy guarantee and allows e-filing. I've been using the desktop forms mode for more than 10 years and never had an issue with e-filing.  however, if I made an entry directly into the tax form, that would void the accuracy guarantee and prevent e-filing.

Ok ... so you think that entering on the sometimes confusing  worksheets in the forms mode is easier than using the interview process?  That may work for you if you have a good  understanding of the actual tax forms  however the majority  of the TT users are not that tax/tech  savy and need to use the interview process in the step by step mode.  That is why we warn users of the dangers of using the direct entry method as the program works best if you use the interview process.  

Hal_Al
Level 15

Q.  I want to fill out Schedule C form myself without the automatic questions. Is this feature gone from 2021 TurboTax version? 

A. That feature was never available in TurboTax Online (TTO).  As others have said, it's only available in the CD/download versions.  Even then you are not allowed to e-file if you use it (the "override" feature).

TTO Deluxe does not include Schedule C. You have to upgrade to Self Employment.  TT CD/download Deluxe can do Schedule C.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies