turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jls1234

Form 8910

is form 8910 available?  How do I get to it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies

Form 8910

Form 8910, Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit is only available using the TurboTax Business Edition.  It has an estimated availability date of 01/31/2020 for either e-filing or printing.

The TurboTax Business Edition can only be installed on a Windows based personal computer, not on a Mac or online.  The Business Edition cannot complete a personal tax return, Form 1040.

Go to this TurboTax website for the Business Edition - https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

rainjerex

Form 8910

Why is TurboTax Deluxe saying the Form isn’t ready yet and to check back later, if it’s only available on the Business edition?

RobertG
Expert Alumni

Form 8910

For Form 1040, the Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit is claimed on Form 8936. which is scheduled to be available on 2/5/2020.

See IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.  

@rainjerex

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 8910

Thank you for the help RobertG.

lrose

Form 8910

Thanks Robert! I was wondering why form 8910 was out there and not form 8936.

Form 8910

Form 8936 availability has changed three times, first it was 1/31/20, then 2/5/20, and now it says 2/12/20.  Why does this keep getting pushed out?

Form 8910

Cprentice, I'm not sure why.  I don't know if it's an IRS issue or a TurboTax issue.  The 2019 form is available on the IRS website but not sure why it's not available to fill out through TurboTax.  Hopefully others more knowledgeable than me can answer that question.  For now, I'm hoping it's available next week.

Form 8910

I'm confused by what TurboTax is doing with Form 8910, Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit. 

The table for those being available has now been changed to 02/20/2020, but Form 8910 is available at IRS.gov. 

Why are we waiting another two weeks for this?

Swarny

Form 8910

Now it says 2/20/2020 what is going on?

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Form 8910

Forms cannot be made available in TurboTax until IRS approves the forms.  Form 8910 is still showing as not available on the IRS website: IRS Forms Availability

Form 8910

It's now referring to Form 8936, Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit, instead of 8910.  I filed on 2/14/20 and today I get notified that my return was rejected because the form was not calculating the amount correctly.  I noticed this when I was when I was completing the form and looked-up the correct credit amount, as instructed.  The message from turbo tax now says "If you're using the online version: On or after February 20th, log into your TurboTax Online account. Please review your answers under the topic of the Energy-Efficient Vehicles in the Deduction & Credits Section".  How was this form not properly tested by your tech department?  My return is now being delayed another week even though I looked up the correct credit about for my electric vehicle and purchase date.  I am very disappointed in Turbox Tax, who I've used for 9 years.  First the forms were delayed multiple times and now it has an error.  Turbo Tax should be issuing a refund or a discounted price to file.

ondreat

Form 8910

The IRS site shows it ia available and the odd thing is the form is in Turbotax and I filled it out but when I went to efile, it says it's not yet approved and won't let me efile. That makes no sense as clearly it is with the IRS. Turbotax, get it together!

MarilynG1
Employee Tax Expert

Form 8910

You are correct, Form 8910 is in TurboTax.  However, if you are using TurboTax Desktop and view the form in FORMS, it says 'Do Not File'.

The Forms Availability Table gives an expected date of 03/31/2022. 

ph22
Level 1

Form 8910

Why is Form 8910 not available on TurboTax, but are available for efile on other sites, i.e. H&RBlock?  Is there any chance it will be made available prior to March 31, 2022?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies