lauraaguirre94

I didn’t claim a recovery rebate credit, how will I go about receiving my missing stimulus?

ErnieS0

File a 2020 tax return to get any missing recovery rebate payments. Any amounts due will be added to your 2020 income tax return. The IRS is no longer sending out stimulus payments (though some checks are still in the mail). Any missing stimulus will be added to your income tax refund (or will lower the amount of tax you owe).

The IRS says eligible individuals who did not receive the full amounts of both Economic Impact Payments may claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on their 2020 Form 1040 or 1040-SR.

• Log into TurboTax.
  • Click on Federal Review.
  • TurboTax will say Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount. Click Continue.
  • The next screen asks Did you get a stimulus payment? Say No.

TurboTax will add the correct recovery rebate payment based on your 2020 filing information.

Did you file without it?  You can call back your return to review it for the Recovery rebate credit if you didn't claim it

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-didn-t-claim-the-rrc-how-do-i-review-and-update-...

lauraaguirre94

I filed with TurboTax and when my taxes were being reviewed by an employee, he told me I didn’t have to do anything and the irs would just tack it onto my refund. I’m just curious because every article I’m finding, I have to claim it in order to receive my missed payments. 

lauraaguirre94

I filed without it, when I spoke to someone from TurboTax he told me it’s fine and they’ll just add it to my refund, but everything I find online suggest otherwise. How would I got about calling my return back?