turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn’t claim a recovery rebate credit, how will I go about receiving my missing stimulus?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

I didn’t claim a recovery rebate credit, how will I go about receiving my missing stimulus?

File a 2020 tax return to get any missing recovery rebate payments. Any amounts due will be added to your 2020 income tax return. The IRS is no longer sending out stimulus payments (though some checks are still in the mail). Any missing stimulus will be added to your income tax refund (or will lower the amount of tax you owe).

The IRS says eligible individuals who did not receive the full amounts of both Economic Impact Payments may claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on their 2020 Form 1040 or 1040-SR.

• Click on Federal Review.
  • TurboTax will say Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount. Click Continue.
  • The next screen asks Did you get a stimulus payment? Say No.

TurboTax will add the correct recovery rebate payment based on your 2020 filing information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you file without it?  You can call back your return to review it for the Recovery rebate credit if you didn't claim it

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-didn-t-claim-the-rrc-how-do-i-review-and-update-...

I filed with TurboTax and when my taxes were being reviewed by an employee, he told me I didn’t have to do anything and the irs would just tack it onto my refund. I’m just curious because every article I’m finding, I have to claim it in order to receive my missed payments. 

I filed without it, when I spoke to someone from TurboTax he told me it’s fine and they’ll just add it to my refund, but everything I find online suggest otherwise. How would I got about calling my return back?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies