United States of AmericaEnglishEN

Pick a language

CanadaEnglish CanadaFrançais
TurboTax Help
Intuit

I didn't claim the Recovery Rebate Credit. How do I review and update my 2020 tax return?

The deadline for registration to review and update the Recovery Rebate Credit portion of your 2020 tax return before it is sent to the IRS when they open on February 12th was February 6th. If you've signed up and are eligible, you will receive and email from TurboTax on February 8, letting you know that your return is available and providing you with detailed instructions on how to review, update and re-file your tax return.

If you have not registered, you will have the opportunity to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit by filing an amended return after you've filed your 2020 tax return.

If you did not want to review and update your 2020 return, then you're all set.  No further action is required. We will securely hold your tax return and send it to the IRS when they begin accepting e-filed returns.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post