TenOC

1041 download 1099 from Fidelity Investment

Is there an update to TT Business so that I can download 1099 from my investments?  w_bizrelsuperpatch_ttax_2019.110.0101.exe does not allow one to download from Fidelity

tagteam

It would certainly be a welcome (by many) product enhancement if it was capable of importing that information; that functionality has been requested by a lot of users over the years.

The import files might not be ready yet.  Usually not until late Jan or February.   Even though you might be able to see your 1099 at Fidelity they have to make the special import files available.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/when-will-i-be-able-to-import-my-1099/00/2...

tagteam

TurboTax Business is capable of importing information only from QuickBooks; it will not import 1099s from any financial institution.

Oh you're right.  The first time I looked though my notes I didn't see it.  But my note says.....

Unlike many other TurboTax products, TurboTax Business does not support import from employers, payroll providers, brokerages, financial institutions, Quicken, Quicken Rental Property Manager, ItsDeductible, or Tax Exchange Format (.txf) files.

tagteam

TINAMARIE131

I downloaded info from Fidelity on 2/16 and found out I should of waited until March 1, even thou I could see info on their website.

I would like to download again to make sure all figures are correct.

Will they change my figures to the correct ones or will they double up and place incorrect figures.

What should I do?

PattiF

Here is how you would delete the information that was imported previously.

How to Delete Imported Files

goodbybob

How do I download from Fidelity three forms 1099-DIV, 

SamS1

You need to be able to access to your account through Fidelity.com.  After you have logged in and are in your TurboTax return:

• Go to Search at the top of the screen.
  • Then enter Form 1099-DIV in the search box. 
  • You will see a Jump To function that will take you to the 1099-DIV input screens. 
  • There add the 1099-DIV.
  • Continue to the Financial Services screens and select "Fidelity"
  • Enter your Fidelty.com user name and password.
  • The import should begin.

If you have difficult with the import process, it may be easier to enter the information manually by "I'll Type it Myself"

Make sure and review you imported entries for correctness before filing.

wxguy1

What do we do when Turbotax responds to input username and password to Fidelity with error message "username and/or password  are invalid when the very same password and username works with Edge browser to access my Fidelity account?

Try a different browser.