Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to cancel prepaid visa card once I've taken all the money off of it?

Straight forward, how do cancel card if there's no money on ot anymore and I no longer wish to have it, or charging me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You will need to contact Customer Care. You can call them toll-free at 1-888-285-4169. Customer Care can assist you with canceling your card. The contact information is available on their website. https://www.turboprepaidcard.com/contact-us

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

36 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You will need to contact Customer Care. You can call them toll-free at 1-888-285-4169. Customer Care can assist you with canceling your card. The contact information is available on their website. https://www.turboprepaidcard.com/contact-us

I want to cancel my turbo tax card not using it no more and they are charging me

I called the number and no answer
Muna

I did not complete my information and did the payment. Please I need you help to cancel the order.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to reach out directly to card services regarding  support for your prepaid debit card!

You are put on hold indefinitely and then hung up on!

THEY ARE NOT ANSWERING SO WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE? IF I LEAVE $6 DOLLARS ON THE CARD AND THEY STILL ADD FEES, WHAT HAPPENS?

THEY PUT YOU ON HOLD THEN HANG UP!

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Lsutter1

Sorry that happened to you. You can try and call back.

This FAQ will provide you the steps to contact an agent. https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

i am presently on hold for the 3rd day in a row. 32 minutes! I will now quit wasting my time and resort to writing a letter with my request to cancel my card. Thanks for nothing and I will be sure t alert the public to the logistics of how your company customer care works or not works!

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Lsutter1  If you are trying to cancel your Turbo Visa Debit Card, make certain you are calling the customer support number for the card and not the TurboTax number.  Please refer to the steps in the following post to reach a live representative when you call:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/re-can-i-get-my-turbotax-prepaid-card-nu...

So this really is ridiculous...i see others are experiencing the same "extended wait times" as am I. I called three times last night totalling over 4 hours on hold to be hung up on every time. I am currently on a 48 minute hold and am beginning to think there is no "representatives" even on call. The sad part is that I work for TurboTax Product Support !

FYI ... it is possible all or part of  their customer service department is home due to the virus situation ... try using the online option instead...

From the card holder agreement: 

https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/assets/docs/GD-Bank-Cardholder-Agreement-(Intuit).pdf

If your balance is zero and there is no activity on the card no fees are charged which is standard with all pre paid debit cards on the market currently. 

How to Close Your Card.

Simply spend down the amount on your Card, cut it up and
throw it away. You may close your Card at any time at www.turboprepaidcard.com or by
calling the number on the back of your Card.

So Critter,

FYI you can NOT close or cancel your card from the website. Believe me I've spent about 20 hours now trying to do it. And I know the virus has a lot of things screwy right now, of course. But as a marketing director, I know first hand that in a situation like you are referring to, a call back server would be put in place and you work down the que. There really is no getting thru to a live representative by calling that number on the back of  the card. Or any GoBank GreenDot Prepaid Debit Card numbers. They are all linked to the same call que. I need to CLOSE the acount not just throw away the depleted card, for personal reasons

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies