I mailed my return in how do I know if it was accepted as there is no update on my account when I log in?

You will have to check the status of that with the IRS and your state. I will provide how to do that below. They do not provide an update to TurboTax for mailed returns, as they would with e-filed returns. 

If you mailed your federal return and are expecting a refund you can start checking the status of your return on the IRS website Where's My Refund 4 weeks after mailing your return. It takes that amount of time for it to show up in their system. 

You only want to call them if it’s been at least 6 weeks since you mailed and at that time, you can reach them at the IRS tax refund hotline at 800-829-4477, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.

Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will provide you instructions on how to check the status of your state return on your state's website. 

Other Related Topics: 

The IRS asks that paper filers wait 4 weeks before checking on the status of their returns. After the 4 week period, the IRS will receive and begin processing your return. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5340655