turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I mailed my return in how do I know if it was accepted as there is no update on my account when I log in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I mailed my return in how do I know if it was accepted as there is no update on my account when I log in?

You will have to check the status of that with the IRS and your state. I will provide how to do that below. They do not provide an update to TurboTax for mailed returns, as they would with e-filed returns. 

If you mailed your federal return and are expecting a refund you can start checking the status of your return on the IRS website Where's My Refund 4 weeks after mailing your return. It takes that amount of time for it to show up in their system. 

You only want to call them if it’s been at least 6 weeks since you mailed and at that time, you can reach them at the IRS tax refund hotline at 800-829-4477, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.

Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will provide you instructions on how to check the status of your state return on your state's website. 

Other Related Topics: 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS asks that paper filers wait 4 weeks before checking on the status of their returns. After the 4 week period, the IRS will receive and begin processing your return. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5340655

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is Brittany Thompson I emailed my tax refund and I have not received my money yet or the from the government yet what what should I do

How did you email it?  Do you mean you EFiled it or mailed it?  When?

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies